Saturday, January 15, 2011

A BRAND NEW START

 Ben tries very hard to read grandpa's writing.

I was very impressed by the vows that where said but very high and lofty ideas; which I think if I had to answer them the best I could do would be to say I'll try.  
Sandra and Randy had done a beautiful job preparing a very lovely setting for the wedding of Carol and Panteli.  Leah and Craig joined us as well as Theresa Mikie and the children and Belinda and Shirley and the two witnesses Louise and Bob.  Missing were Rick and Chris both called to work.  We missed them both.

We were just leaving our drive way when Craig and Leah arrived thinking it was going to be at our house.  Last minute plans often seemed to get changed in our family.  Sandra had done such a fantastic job of setting the table, adding flowers and candles.  I did not take many pictures but will add dad's later.

I feel very happy for both Carol and Panteli and my prayers go with them into their future.  I felt the sadness of  knowing they will both be leaving for the Grand Cayman Islands to join Kim and Mike where Carol has a job waiting for her.   It is good to do these things when you are healthy and young.  We would love to visit them all there but time will tell.

We often choose people to love that are very different from us; with unique personalities and varying experiences; but always with the deep need to be loved and respected.  Love must be built on trust and faith that we will always be important to one another.

We will express our love in different ways so disagreements are a part of a healthy relationship. I have found that I need to express I am sorry as well as being forgiving.

Love can survive many changes and unexpected situations, The older vows said for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, which are the things that come into all our lives, we will do our best.
Happiness and sadness are a part of life.

Congratulations also to our son Ken!
Congratulations to Ken who has passed his very difficult testing for the A380 airplane.  We are very proud of all that he has achieved.  A happy day for all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All the best to the new couple.
ken