Tuesday, January 4, 2011

REASON




Happy Birthday Kenny.  A busy day for Melina getting readyfor the small party last night.  But I am sure the barbie was good.

I started writing yesterday but was not feeling so great , sick to my stomach.  I threw up during the night.  Yuk!   So I am not doing much this morning, feeling weak.  Feels like flu.  Legs aching!  I am over the worst of it.  Wanted to shop for Jasmine's birthday present today.  So many birthdays.  Yuri's is on Saturday and it is a pot luck.
Going  back to bed!  Or to the couch!  It appears to be a rainy miserable day.  Snow mixed with rain.



Reason
There are always reasons for the things we do and the things we just forget to mention!

Information is often capable of multiple interpretations and some even of questionable value.  I find that in trying to understand the Bible, why bother you say, I look at many different sources because this is part of our history and part of who we are becoming. I also have friends that like to discuss and hopefully find some sense of peace and meaning in life. Life seems richer and more colorful and  mainly I need a Reason to hope.
Hope there is a reason for the difficulties and struggles we face in life.  But for now faith enriches my life with beauty and mystery and joy!

Israel was a people not because they lived in a certain place, or because they had a temple and a set of rules but because where ever they were they were called to live as if God were dwelling in their midst.  This took many years of developing.  They began to make laws and to try to think logically and be free from superstition that blamed the gods for there failures.  Even though there was a search for truth they used slavery and subjugated women.

As we travel back in time we see the love of wisdom grew as the knowledge o

 Mathematics, astronomy, geometry and music to name of few where the tools to explore the physical world.  Philosphy was not a cold rational discipline but an ardent spiritual quest that would transform the seeker.

The Greeks during the sixth century had a uniquely tragic vision of the world.  There suffering was connected to the suffering of their gods such as Zeus, Demeter and their daughter Persephone and the belief in a underworld.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think information is more often then not interperted very differenty by each listener. We all have such personal filters. Sorry to hear you are sick. Is dad doign a good job of taking care of you?
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes, he warmed me uo a heating pad in the night as I was also very chilled. I am starting to feel better now.

Hope your drive was not too miserable.

love mom

Anonymous said...

thanks for the birthday wishes mom.it was a good party,nice cake.
Ken