Monday, January 10, 2011

WONDER

The small picture captures more of the scenery. 
                                         Wonder/AWE
                                  The sense of wonder
                                 that is our sixth sense
                      And it is the natural religious sense.
                               --D.H. Lawrence

Aristotle said philosophy begins in wonder.

There is one good thing about being confined and under orders not to go out walking and make myself sicker and that is that there is more time just to sit and wonder about life.  But a sense of wonder is greater than our ordinary muddled thinking.  Often it is to be surprised by joy and awe; seeing new beauty in the dullness of life.  It is a purely emotional response.  The holy mystery of life right in front of our eyes.

Right now nature is acting with terrifying force in Brisbane, Australia and the water is a mighty torent  that rips out trees, carries cars along, and is destroying homes and property.  My heart goes out to those who are in danger of their lives and losing all their property.  I watch the news and it is terrifying.  With all the discoveries we have made surely something can be done to be better prepared.

It reminds me of how powerless we really are.  Our very lives could change at any moment,

Where does the courage and energy come from to rebuild?  It helps when others come along side to lend a hand.  At times I have fallen under the weight of worry only to find a hand that comes to lift me up and say you can do it.

My body is doing a wonderful job fighting off all these little germs that have invaded it.  And I was rewarded with treats from Choices that dad sneaked off to buy me.

We Will be entertaining the new minister today with deviled eggs! !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are entertaining? Does that actually mean that you are feeling better? Be sure to rest up so you are in good form for Friday.
Sandra

Pinetreeannie said...

I had to chuckle at the thought of serving the new minister " deviled eggs"!

beth bennett said...

Well Daniel phoned last week to make an appointment and I was tempted to cancel it; but if I do not feel well I will just go lay down and let dad entertaim.

Which might be a good idea anyway.

My cough is much better so I do not feel like one Big germ!

Don't worry I am resting up whether I like it or not.
looking forward to Friday! Yes, Friday are daughter is getting married to Panteli and I am happy for them both.
love mom