Wednesday, January 5, 2011

THE GIFT













If we truly desire to communicate with one another and I firmly believe we do; we need to express ourselves gently not to win an argument but to bring forth new ideas.  If we leave ourselves open to doubt rather than certainly only then can we learn.  We will learn to listen and appreciate each other.  But we are called to do even more than this by inhabiting the ideas being expressed so that they take on life within us.  It is not about getting angry or annoyed which I far to often find myself doing; it is seeing good in others..  So instead I will carry this picture of a beautiful box in my head and receive the thoughts of others as worth listening to.

I am reading "The Case For God" by Karen Armstrong " and am learning about the wisdom in philosophy and in people like Socrates and Plato and Aristotle.

"You expressed yourself clearly as a gift to your partner,
whose beautifully expressed argument would, in turn,
touch you at a personnel and profound level."  Karen Armstrong

We are in the process of learning from our own experiences.

If we are really and truly searching after wisdom we will find it.

Jesus, a man who carried His divinity within Himself as a light, was able to stir others to become free of human insecurity as they recognized personal shortcomings.  Jesus brought emotional
freedom and ended up being put to death.

My goal in life is to try to create healthy relationships!  When I am feeling better.

Thursday morning.
Won the world's record for loud snoring last night.  Good job dad and I are use to one another
Hope I did not wake up the neighbors..
Good news stomach is better but now,, and I can only drink so much mint tea but I have a monster headache and a slight sore throat.
Good news I do not have to take the dog for a walk.  I do not think I do because I couldn't find him,
Just kidding.
Good news I have nearly finished my chapter for our study group the book by K. Armstrong.  This is a first.
Also I have found it interesting following the reasoning behind all their philosophy.
I have a good man who loves to take care of me.  So all is well!

My word for today "Keep an open mind in all matters."  This is from "From the Heart" By H. S. Rice
I think this would be easier if we do it a day at a time but. . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very well put mom. Randy always finds my "discussions" to be so agressive that he thinks they are arguments, and then I am mad that he does not want to talk about things. I will make more of an effort to discuss more with an listening ear, that MAYBE ( not likly) I am not right.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I think listening is a skill that is learned... I am always trying to be a better listener. I think the trick is learning to speak less!

I value a heated debate that ends in a better understanding of the veiws of the participating party and also being left with a feeling of being more understood.

theresa