Saturday, January 1, 2011

ENDINGS

This was yesterday morning.  It was a cold morning for here -5 and I was planning a walk but first need my much appreciated long-underwear, and could not find either mine of dads.  Five minutes before the sun rise was even more glorious but I missed it because I was not ready to go out.  I miss the glorious sun rises that we used to see on Panorama Ridge; and also the sun sets.

This picture was taken as I walked along Scott Road.

Yesterday dad and I attended the grave service of the dear soul I visited faithfully week after week.  The minister was the one who gave the Sunday service there every Sunday.  My visits had ended when she moved out to New Westminster although we did see her once.  There is always sadness saying good-bye although you know they are in a better place, free of pain and suffering. 

Life is made up of times of letting go and letting others find there way.

We ended the day being wined and dined by Sandra and Randy.

This year I am starting a study of the whole Bible which I have never read all of it.  Starting in Genesis has been very interesting and I am looking forward to this journey into the past with the knowledge of the future always with me.

I need to continue to ask for wisdom and as James says
 "If any man lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all willingly and with out reproach."

This past year has been a good year in many ways for our family but my prayers continue to be with Leah for healing and for a better place for Chris to live.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading the whole bible? I find one page often has enough to keep me busy thinking and wondering for months! But I'm sure you will do it!

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Thanks Rick. We will be doing this over three years and I am like you I get stuck on one page.

I am amazed at all the reading you do. You must read very quickly.

No walk today but off to church,

Hope you are well. love mom