Sunday, January 16, 2011

OKAY

I am always amazed how quickly the sky changes from light to dark.  Sunday was a rainy day but the sky did clear a few times.  We drove last night to Carol and Panti's for supper and it poured rain while we were there then was okay coming home.  Our life will be changing as they are the first to leave for new adventures.
How quickly life can change, our children and grandchildren grow up and things change.

I am reminded that it is important to say what's on our hearts while we can.

We took Shirley Fowler to church on Sunday and everyone was so glad to see her and she was happy she had made the extra effort to go, rainy day and all.  I am back doing my walking and this is taking a real effort and even though I come home tired and cranky I think it is good for me.

It's okay!
I am thinking this morning how easy it is for us to go to church while in other countries your life can be in danger admitting you are a Christian believer.  These believers put us to shame and I understand the confusion of those who adamantly fight against the influence of this religion; which too often they see producing values that contradict the gospel.

There is a huge difference between a committed Christian who accepts Jesus,a Galilean peasant, as a model for living, and those who are a "Cultural Christian" who happen to live in a nation with a Christian heritage.  We have been given the "okay" to worship but prayers have been removed from our schools.

Freedom can lead to deadence and rebellion where money and power become the true gods; we have lost the sense of being radical and standing up for what we believe.  I think maybe it is okay to be different without looking down on others.

It is okay to have a hero like Jesus who choose poverty and disgrace taking the side of the poor and the oppressed.  Jesus reminds us to have empathy for the victums and to seek their liberation.

Jesus is Okay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I saw the picture of Carol. It was nice it cleared up a bit as I finally got outside and raked the leaves from the willow tree that have been bugging me for a long time. Talked to Mary last night and she said her and MJ have decided not to move to Quebec but to stay in Kingston and look for a house to buy that they can rent out a suite to help pay for the mortgage.
Sandra