Sunday, January 2, 2011

PEALS OF WISDOM

This is my new devotional book from Ranu.  I am going to use it every morning along with my book on Genesis and rereading the New Testament.  

I forgot to add to my list of beliefs I believe in questions that absolutely force us to look deeper into things.  Yes, there are unexplainable phenomenon.  Astronomers have seen unexplained mysteries in the sky as have archaeologists, digging us strange objects. deep in the earth.  We wonder about the past and we wonder about our future.

The question that I would ask is "do other people really yearn for a glimpse of God "or "a spirituality that gives to us an experience of all that is good and holy."

I may write later as I feel a bit tired this morning but was happy to sleep in an hour.  Also received a lovely little thank you note from my Sun Carrier that was a blessing for my New Year!  I have been touch by love this morning!

The minister mention in his sermon the words of Leonard Cohen "There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in."  I like his song "Hallelujah" because although the words are a little kinky it is a beautiful song.  He writes about love as being sacred but also being a very human part of who we are.  "It's love that seizes me" and we are reminded how complicated and bewildering  love can be.

We are wise when we discover that the sacred can be found in our humanness and that love is the light that shines within us all.  A love that absorbs our pain and heals our sorrow and sets us free to see the beauty that surrounds us!

Had lunch with Pat and Bob very uplifting.

Will be skyping Ken and Melina and Hobey and Tyler after the hockey game.

All my children are back in B.C.  from their journeys and I am happy that they all enjoyed their visits.

No comments: