Monday, January 31, 2011

WELCOME BACK JANE!

                                                            It was still dark when I went for my walk yesterday morning.  The coffee shop is all lit up waiting for the first early customers. I have walked by people standing shivering in the cold waiting for the bus.  I think of my children driving to work and hope all goes well in their day today.  The amazing thing is on this dull day the darkness lifts so slowly that you hardly see the light coming.

Maybe that is what getter older is like as slowly you find the energy taking it's time to return after you have been busy and have gotten tired.  There is also a spiritual truth for me in that the light has come slowly and I think that in so many ways God's time is different than mine.  In the confusion of life there comes moments when the fog lifts and life becomes sacred.  In my humanness I often doubt the reality but it often comes when I stop thinking and allow myself just to be me.

This morning I am fasting and having some blood tests done which just confirms what is going on inside of me.  It is always good to know if there is any reason for the way I am feeling; which is legs feeling weak so I guess I am just not giving myself time to recover.  It is funny how the word time keeps appearing.  I came home with a different impression of what the doctor said than dad, so that is interesting.  His last words where drag her in again next week and I am thinking forget it.  Dad made the appointment anyway.  So this morning I will be joining the group waiting at the blood clinic for their early morning tests.

There will come a time when the spiritual and mystical is as life-affirming as being able to climb a mountain with your feet on the ground.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least the sun is creeping up earlier these days, and it is not pitch dark when I leave any more to go home. My drive to work was fine, all the traffic was behind me on King George this morning.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes I am happy to see the sunshine.\
love mom