Sunday, January 30, 2011

LAST TIME

Sorry we missed your call Ken.  We were having supper with Carol and Pantel ;  she leaves on Thrusday for the Grand Cayman.  I am feeling very sad.  Yesterday the sermon at church was on the blessings which where the reverse of what people were expecting.  Blessed are the poor and Blessed are they that mourn.  This was disturbing to a society in which many where shunned and called unworthy and unclean.  Jesus welcomed all and still welcomes us all.  We are to carry on to be a people of blessing sharing our hopes and dreams and listening to others share theirs.  Everyone poor or weak has something to offer.
I think of  all the people protesting in Egypt and how standing together they will hopefully br able to force change.

Expect the unexpected and let the dream of Christ live on in us and through us as we care for the lonely, the poor, the humble peace makers and especially the unlovable.

Enjoy the blessings of creation.  So dad and I took a walk in the Water Shed and then after I cleaned ugarden a little biMonday.
Up early at 5 so it was dark out.  I still have a heavy heart.  I guess I just do not like change.  Off to have a little check-up at the doctor.  Of course I made the appointment last Monday after a very bad coughing spell and I have not coughed since.  I have been talking to others who have had this cough and it just hangs on and on.  A virus I guess although I thought it was some type of asthma.

Ken said he would keep on touch by blog not face book so I thought he might read the message above.
Having second thoughts about my blogging which I hope would help me share my faith with my children but I live in a counter-culture and I have to just face up to it.

Jesus embraced all the brokenness in his world and I have to trust that this will be my comfort.  Things cannot stay the same.  People get hurt and abused but life must go on.

Dad and I printed our blogs and right now I wonder why whether it will ever mean anything to any body.  Maybe I am too religious and should have just been a nun.  Or maybe to some like the lady who commented I am not religious enough.  lol.  This was Pam on my blog plans.

Anyway I believe that quoting one verse here or there is not what Jesus would have wanted but instead hope that we would begin to think for ourselves and see ourselves as having something worthwhile to contribute in this world of injustice and unfairness.  Discover and devote your life to making a difference!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No worries mom , I had a quite moment and
thought I would call.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Thanks'
love mom

Anonymous said...

Well, just because you share your faith does that actually mean that you expected to convert us all? And, by opening your self to be known and recieving responses from us, even if they are not in agreement with you, you are getting to know us better? After all, are we not worth knowing even if you dont believe the same. Though, I think that we as your children, and even your grandchildren share a lot of your values if not the source of them. Sandra

larry bennett said...

Dear wife - I believe every single person who reads any of your blogs receives a blessing one way or another. Everyone respects your beliefs, that is what I believe Jesus message to a large degree was saying - respect the poor - love thy neighbour - etc.

I think all of us were sad last night and your blog shows that sentiment - but as I believe you have said in the past - all things seam to work out for the best. The sun will shine soon and you will have many more uplifting blogs to send to the world.

your loving husband

beth bennett said...

It can be dangerous writing your thoughts but your resonses have cheered me up loads!