Tuesday, January 11, 2011

THEOLOGY

All it means is that there is a long journey ahead.  Many experiences that are joyous and exciting.

If I could paint a picture I woud paint a very small figure, a cartoon, with arms open wide gazing upward into the vast universe and shouting "where are You?"  "I've been waiting for you to ask" is the reply. Everyday He answers me and challenges me with bigger questions.  Creation is wonderful and amazing as is the gift of life. 

I do not ask how but why Lord have you created this world with all Your love and Spirit poured into it?
You have shown us from the beginning that love was about risking.  Love makes us vulnerable as we never know if we will receive love in return.  I have changed over the years and yet in many ways I am still the same.

Theology is entering the story of ancient people and struggling with them as they seek to find and know God.  It is a messy story that disturbs and frightens us; as we see all the human emotions exposed.  We are all so very human.  I have longed for safety from the storms of life and yet have been caught up and shaken free of idols that have been my God in the past.

Universities were started to explore theology and philosoply and law and science.   A place to ask questions and search for answers with others.  The questions become bigger as I see how small I really am.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, he may have been waiting to be asked, but then why does he not answer? Hope your house it a little less dusty today. My drive was fine this morning, slushy and wet that is all.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

HE IS