Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A HAPPY CANADA DAY

P7011465
What a lot of work for Sandra and Randy.  Here they are sitting by the pool with Randy’s daughter,  Adena who has just been diagnosed as celiac. 
It was a very warm day 33 degrees.
It was wonderful to have so many of the family there.  It takes an effort to drive and bring lots of food and laughter.  It takes an effort to talk to some who you do not see that often.
P7011449
Kim is so kind she serves grandpa and myself.P7011472
Beautiful ladies and beautiful decorations.  This is Kim, Susan and her daughter Leah, and Tasha, Sandra’s oldest daughter.
P7011480
P7011455Justice our great grandson.  Young and old had great fun floating on whales and other objects.  Randy certainly had a great time!  Theresa too enjoyed herself.
My only regret was that I was not feeling better but I enjoyed seeing the others having fun!  Thank you all who planned and worked so hard and also for those who came and made it a party!  Love you all!
P7011460.Rick in the pool with Morgan
P7011459P7011467
The theme was Mexican and the decorations sure gave the place an added colour and flavour.  My such a lot of work.
I believe Kim was going early,  and maybe Theresa too to help decorate.

I was very pleased at the effort many made to create a beautiful festive place.  Also the effort of those who had to drive distances home and be back at work on Wed.  I think of the families in Winnipeg who are helping each other through the difficult time of floods.  We are so thankful and grateful for these wonderful family times.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes, we are so happy that everyone is willing to drive and get into the party spirit. We could not have a party with out everyone.A much better Canada than lots of other places further east. Sandra

Shandel said...

that is so wonderful! what great photos. happy to hear the party was a huge success and that you had beautiful weather too. Our weather was also very hot. not as hot as BC we got to about 27 and today 29. We enjoyed lots of fresh air and sunshine.

Anonymous said...

So sorry I missed the great event. I srtill have occasional bouts of vertigo and am deaf in one ear. I don't think that I'll make it to Harrison with Carol and Ben and Morgan on Thursday either. I get very tired after sitting up for an hour or so. xo Panteli

nancy-Lou said...

WOWSERS! What a party it was! The weather was great and everyone looks so happy. Beth, you did an excellent job taking pictures and I liked when you wrote who people were...I still don't know everyone!

The sun is shining today and it was warm...so nice to have good weather. Carl had a good doctor's appointment. Traffic was very busy in Winnipeg today,likely because of the holiday yesterday.

So glad you were able to go to the pool party!

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

That is a miserable ear infection you have Panteli so rest must be part of the cure but it is hard to miss out on things. Get well soon
love beth