Saturday, July 26, 2014

GOOD TIMES



Sandra enjoying a good time.  She creates a beautiful setting and lots of good food.  I brought some good salad Theresa made and some GF scones from Sandra.  Sandra also instructed us on how to eat them.  You break off pieces and eat with lemon curd, or strawberry jam and whipped cream.
DSCN2965


Theresa taking a picture of her mom and Ben.

DSCN2975
           Morgan cannot wait to get in the pool.        Ben and                         Justice jumping right in after her.

They spent most of the time swimming so it was good the day warmed up.


DSCN2992DSCN2994DSCN2976


DSCN2977DSCN2976

DSCN2981
Yes it was one of the best parties as it was easier to talk with everyone.  Girls getting together always have more fun.  I received several nice cards and presents.  Thanks to all.

I used to find birthday parties so stressful even when I tried to keep it simple.  I believe that children understand when we tell them we can only do so much.  Also important to get them helping even on their own day.  I think another time we would have the children serve us and have a drink and crackers first, the salad next and the sandwiches and scones and goodies last.  Just to take our time and enjoy each course. 

I know the children would be very good servers.  I should have put dad in charge.  Children may complain but I believe they do like to help and it makes them feel important.

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Now that was a classy party with all the ladies looking very pretty in their hats, gloves and dresses. Carol's hat looks like it had one too many drinks though...a little floppy.
I thought your hat really suited you Beth! Maybe you could wear it to church. Remember when we had to always cover our heads in church. Gosh that was a long time ago!
I am surprised the Queen didn't drop in for a tea too! What a pretty table....Sandra really has the talent for putting together these lovely parties and it is nice that others bring things too.

What did you do for supper, Beth. Did you go our for your birthday supper?

Good pictures, once again! thanks so much for posting them and for your blog.

I am painting today...working on some pieces for the RM of |Victoria Beach to present to retiring council members and reeve.

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

We had fun at Matthews Birthday party yesterday. I got to bed by 10pm up at 2am ...uggh
Pool looks a little cool?? you looked nice dressed up with your hats on.
Ken

Sandra said...

Yes, next time we can put the kids to work and have multiple courses. Sounds like a great plan.