Sunday, July 6, 2014

THE MISTAKE

P7051551
Early in the morning the day looked promising as the sun breaks apart the  clouds.  After a very poor night sleep I could not  get up the energy to go for the walk.

P7051554Fortunately I did stop in to see Gundy later who had earlier gone for a walk to look for me.  Then I really felt bad.  She show me her flowers which she is very  proud of.  I promised to come and visit her next Tues..
 How could I forget our cheerful visit from Sandra who brightened our day.  She helped us to Skype Simone who looks so adorable as she is now walking.  She almost runs and then ends up on our bottom and up she gets again.  Evidently she has not been well but she certainly looked happy.  I have that little picture in my mind now and makes me smile every time I think of it.

Sorry when I feel tired my brain feels tired also.  I got the date mixed up thinking it was the 8th already.  Making a lot of mistakes.

On Friday we had a nice stroll, actually I strolled and took pictures of some of the quaint stores.  We had lunch at our old table and talked of the many memories we had there.  There was a store that sold farm fresh eggs that we went to, a second hand store, an angel store etc.
P7041543P7041534
P7041544

Much has changed although the egg store is still there.  It is a very small store with huge bins of vegetables and very small isle to walk along.  There was always a line up of people trying to pass or just get to the back to purchase their eggs.  The owner was extremely humorous and always had you leave with a laugh.

I believe this art gallery is new and looks interesting.

We meet some old friends who tell us of their travels and different homes here and in the states.  I got their names mixed up I called Gail Robyn and her husband Robyn Gail feeling pleased I had remembered their names but later realize I had got them mixed up.

The exciting news is that dad has ordered an electric bike which you can pedal or use the electric power.  This will be great to get him out and about.  Maybe I should get one?

"Love exists.  Always has and always will.
Love is the ocean in which we are swimming.
It is the air we breath.  It is the energy that restores.
It lives within us, in our memories, and in this moment."  Panacne Desai

4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

You and Larry always have interesting excursions, to different shops and restaurants.
Your pictures and words take me along with you, all from the comfort of my lazy boy!

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so tired and not able to go for your daily constitutional...I know how important that is for you. Hopefully you will feel better later on and can go for a walk.

A motorized bike is a great idea. I always wanted one. My friend, Gina, has one and when she first got it she rode 10 kms to my house. I am sure Larry will love it and maybe it would be a good idea for your too, Beth!

Today is a refreshing day after a couple of hot and very humid days. Hopefully I will be able to do some gardening , if the mosquitoes stay away.

Love to you both...
Nancy

Sandra said...

You did not mention my visit and getting to see Simone walking on Skype. Hope you had a better sleep. Randy is off so we will work on yard projects. Sandra

beth bennett said...

I mentioned it on my comments on the day before. I got mixed up.
love mom I will add it now.

Shandel said...

Watching little ones learn to walk is very exciting and also humorous haha
We have been looking after my second cousin Delilah. She is going to be 10 months old on the July 10. Close to Lincoln ages. And she tries to walk like crazy. so wobbly haha we are having fun, but happy to take her home soon.
we feel like we need a weekend from our weekend.
the electric bike sounds great. it would be a big help if you felt you needed. and fun!