Monday, July 7, 2014

OPTIMISTIC

DSCN2943
Sunday morning I woke up feeling energized and optimistic.  I had my morning coffee and prayer time and then set off for my walk.  I had a goal of about half the walk and also wanted to find pop cans for the neighbour boy  who was collecting  them for his baseball team.  They are the boys who play road hockey in front of our house nearly every day for hours.  We are not pop drinkers.

I struck it rich finding about eight cans but had nothing to carry them in.  I had my cane to carry too.  Needless to say I kept dropping the cans and the cane and they would roll all over the sidewalk.  Great fun!

I was tired when I got home but had a rest and dad and I went to church.  I started to get a nasty headache and nausea and my arms felt very heavy.  We  left quickly.  I lay down as soon as I
was safe at home after checking to see if there were any stroke signs.  I could lift my arms and stick out my tongue so that was good.  It was scary.  I am fine.

The sermon was about the disturbing words and presence of Jesus.  These are necessary because we  often get complacent and blind to our own faults.  Be optimistic that each new day is a new start.

"Every persons has their own secret sorrows
which the world knows not and oftentimes,
we call a person cold when they are really only sad."  -  H.W.Longfellow

Off to Home Depot again.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

That is very brave of you mom to just keep trucking along, in the back of your head has to be the worry that one of these episodes is going to be a signifigant one. We finally got the boards at the bottom of the back fence so the dogs can not escape. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Carol and I had a restful day at home after her 3 day adventure in Chilliwack. I'm still deaf in one ear, but at least the vertigo is gone.We went on the eco-village tour. Carol wants to live in the commune, but I'm not too keen, especvially with the commute it would add to both of us.Hope you are feeling better today! xo Panteli

nancy-Lou said...

Good to hear you are feeling more energetic Beth and had a good walk!
Not good to hear that you felt sick when at church. You are a brave lady and have had a lot of health issues to contend with...and you deal with them with courage and determination!

Carl has good days and bad days too. He has been dizzy and weak the last few days....but just saw his doctor...so I guess it is just something he has to live with.
Good for you collecting cans for the boys...and cleaning up the streets.
I am feeling much better...finally getting my old energy back and I sure need it as I have to do everything around here! Having a house comes with a lot of stuff to do. Have some catching up to do!
Aren't those little babies cute? Lincoln and Simone? I enjoy hearing about them and seeing pictures. They are growing up so quickly.

Well off to make lunch now!
Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

I think your photography skills are improving. Maybe with your loses you are gaining in creativity..
I look forward to spending more time with you guys soon. Haiti and I will be walking on the ferry to see Oliver on the 28th. He needs help with his house, So I will try to be of use to him. Hope you guys can enjoy this beautiful sunny day.

Mama Lee said...

We noticed you leaving the church before the end of the service & were wondering if everything was all right. We're glad to see all is well.
Mom would have been 86 today.
Just remember to take care of yourself.