Sunday, July 20, 2014

ADVICE

P7181703
It is amazing how much advice I have been getting.
Even people I meet walking who usually just say hi are giving me advice about yoga etc.  It is all good advice and I will give it some thought.  It is important to believe anything is possible,  I do hope to be walking better and I believe I can.

Growing older is about many things like being thankful for the family we created but also it is about dashed dreams
It was cold and windy and dull when  I woke up this morning.  When I get ready to go for my walk dad is awake watching golf.  There is always some sports on the T.V. and the football is now starting.
P7181702
I feel like I have little angels whispering in my ear giving me advice.  Another walker stops me again this morning because I have my cane.  Actually I start out carrying it and as I get tired I start to use it.  We agree that doctors are not really helpful but it comes down to being responsible for your  health and happiness.  I feel shivers as the wind blows right through my clothes.  Not really cold enough for a jacket but maybe a warmer sweater.

Sandra picks me up later in the morning to drive to the Thrift Store to look for an old-fashioned dress for me for my birthday tea on Friday.  I need lots of help making up my mind even after trying some things on over my clothes.  I did not see anyone else doing this but sometimes it is good to dare to be different!

I could have an amazing wardrobe if I shopped there regularly and became good at it.

My brain book suggests I learn new responses to life
Do not mistake moods for reality
Adopt  a higher vision for your life and live by it
Reduce stressful conditions
Be generous of spirit
Exercise 0nce  a day

"By setting out on the path to find the real you, you will emerge into the light and see life in a new way."    - Super Brain Solutions

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I will add my voice to all the other ones putting in a good word for yoga. You are so lucky that you have the time and the ability to do it. It is lucky that so many people like to buy new things and then just donate them. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

VV is quite a place! Your followers would like to see a pic of the outfit you chose...with you in it!
Looking forward to seeing the birthday pics, Beth. I am not sure when it is...but Happy Birthday to you!

I guess we can all look back and see dashed dreams that we never accomplished...but just think of all the ones we did! As you say, our family is the biggest one...and there are many more.

I have a FB friend, whom I have never met...a fine artist in his own field. He has brain cancer and is dying and suffers a lot of pain. He told me that his blessing far outweigh his grief..
he said a lot of people feel sorry for him, but he doesn't...he feels blessed. So I will not feel sorry either..just privileged to know him.
Bryan has taught me an important lesson today!

Have a wonderful Sunday,
Love, Nancy

Shandel said...

Great blog today!!! very much makes me want to give lots of advice haha. I 100% agree about yoga. There is such a diverse way through meditation and yoga that you can take. We have senior classes out here. I am so happy they are picking up. I encourage my dad to also do yoga and we did it in a chair. More for the mind and organs then anything.
Grandma i found your blog to be very positive today and happy and up beat. (not that every day its not, but it did come across loud and clear!!) Doctors sometimes drive me crazy! even the dog docter lol. Daisy has sore paws from dry and heat and walking and she chews them. So we have a cone and medicine its hard to make her wear the silly dog boots and cone, but she needs to heal. She has quite the attitude and i feel she gets depressed some days. Hope the healing happens quick and efficient. I am going to try and mail my card for you! hope it arrives for your birthday. Tea party is great fun.

beth bennett said...

There would be the added benefit that dad and I could do it together.

I have laryngitis and a cough so dad advised we do not attend church.

Thanks for the helpful advice.

Love Beth