Tuesday, July 15, 2014

MORNING SKY

P7141693
Much cooler this morning with lots of cloud formations.
I love the early morning so cool and fresh.   do a bit in the garden then head out for a walk.

P7141672


I am thankful for the community that is my church.  It is there we can share friendship, resources and  support. 
There are the positive and there are the negative as we all have our own opinions about how things should be done and by whom.  We are living in a dream world if we expect perfection.

The Hebrew Bible is built around community and covenant with God.  We can see the problems that arise because of this feeling that their God is the only god and they are the chosen ones.

The New Testament affirms that joining together in fellowship, prayer and worship is important.  Community is a enlargement of family life in which there will be both conflict out of which comes growth; and love and unity.  We cannot expect one without the other.

Dad's eyes seem better in the morning but he knows it will get worse again as the problem has not been solved.

P7121668Enjoyed my lunch out with Lee as we had a lot to catch up on.

Last night as I was watering I saw some one taking a picture of my garden!  That was a surprise!

I know I am not doing well with my blog but I will keep trying.  Your comments make it!





5 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes, it is nice to feel that coolness in the morning. I even slept with no fan last night. I was just reading a book about orthodox jewish people. The problem with community seemed to be it does not extend beyond the bonds of those they consider worthy. You are either in or you are out. I was having a conversation with our receptionist yesterday. She is a tattooed, half head shaved, pierced, lesbian who plays roller derby in her spare time. She was saying that she is pretty freaky or something like that. I said, oh are you? Since I know her so well now I don't even see all the freaky things that would have scared me off before and made me avoid looking someone like her in the eye. So that makes it easier to look some one else like her in the eye. My community is expanding! Oh, and you write everyday, you are doing a fantastic job with your blog. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Beth, you do a fabulous job of your blog! Don't be so hard on yourself! Just look at how many read your blog daily and comment.Not many bloggers can say that!Your commitment to your blog is amazing, it is always there, first thing early in the morning.

Isn't that a great comment from Sandra? It is so true too...to be non judgemental of others...especially those who are really different from us. You and Larry have done a good job of handing down to your children your compassion and care of others!

I am glad to hear that Larry's eye is feeling better today. Maybe he should get a second opinion, if he isn't receiving help and a diagnosis.It must be very aggravating to have the feeling of something in your eye.

I am working on a couple of paintings of Victoria Beach. Our municipal election is next week and two of the councillors are retiring. Usually the R.M. buys paintings to present to them. I have sunny sunroom to work in and it is warming up!

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Thank you.

Theresa Rose said...

Yes! I love that you blog everyday! I always have do much to catch up on. I should try and read it every day, especially during the summer. I always wrote in my diary almost everyday. I wonder if you inspired me to do that. I gave Morgan a diary for her birthday. I told her that it is only for her. I think that excited her. My friend Lianne and I are having a party based on reading out loud childhood diaries. There have been different events in Vancouver where people read from their diaries but I have never made it to any. There will be an absurd amount of laughing that is for sure. Even the depressing stuff, now is hillarious!

Anonymous said...

I love to read your blog mom, keep it up.
Cold and wet again, I am glad we only have three months of winter. Hobey turns 21 next Sunday. He is havering party's on Friday and Saturday. He is going to come down to Melbourne for a party on Tuesday. He works 7 days a week but can take Tuesday and Wednesday off as it's not too busy.
Ken