Monday, July 14, 2014

HAPPIER

P7101606
It seems that Buddha's  thinking suggests we would be happier if we  acknowledge suffering as a part of living.  But the problem is most of us want to be free from suffering, from anxiety, from fear or poverty, of the fear
we are really are unlovable .

I think that a visit from Clarence, the guardian angel, in “It’s a Wonderful Life” might be just what I need.  Instead a friend from church came and dropped by.  Yes, we were missed when we didn't show up in our usual pew at church.  I am sure my voice was missed as I sing out with enthusiasm not worrying if I am on key.  I am sure I may hit the odd note right once in a while.

Dad's  eye was bothering him again, another eye-lash causing him pain.  He had a rest.  \I was feeling a little unsteady and not to confident to be driving.  We were pleased when Carol and Panteli came to join us watching the soccer game.  It is always more fun with others.

They left to join the party at Sandra and Randy's house.  I had my bathing suit on ready to make a big splash but dad eye was still bothering him.  He slept for several hours.  This was when Diane came to the door with G.F. goodies and some bread she had got at the Farmer's market. I was glad  was at home because it cheered her up to have a visit as well as myself.

By the time dad woke up he did not feel like going out;  was sorry to miss the family gathering.
I never even thought people would worry because we did not show up.  I apologize to all.

To be able to create something of beauty and meaning in my day was difficult.

Dad was feeling very depressed with his pain in his eyes, his back, and his stomach along with his painful feet.

Today I am having lunch with Lee, another very good friend from church.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you guys couldn't make it. Everyone had fun diving in and out of the pool, except me cuz of my ear infection, and Morgan was like a little fish, she didn't come out of the pool at all, not even to have some supper! Hope Grandpa is feeling better soon. xo Panteli

nancy-Lou said...

Sorry to hear you both were not feeling well yesterday. It is very disheartening for you to have to live with pain and health issues. Nice to know others are thinking about you and missing you from church and the pool party. You are much loved!
I will keep you both in my prayers.

Carl is getting ready for his overnight stay at the sleep clinic tomorrow night. He has sleep apnea.

It was so cold yesterday the rain looked to have sleet mixed in with it. The freezing level was very low. The wind is still creating havoc for those along the lakes...some are flooded out again. Not here, thankfully.It was 7C at dark. EVeryone had to turn on their heat!

I hope today is a much better day for you both...take care now,
Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

Well, of course we worry about you. When you say you are following right behind and then are not there 2 hours later. Just like having a teenager, all it takes is a phone call to stop the worrying. Nice to be there for your friend and glad you got a visit. The pool is still there so dont put away your bathing suit yet! Sandra

beth bennett said...

Don't worry we will call if there are any problems. I had no idea dad would sleep so long or my visit would be long too. Thank goodness you phones. Feel free if you are worried to phone.
I really was looking forward to coming it was soooo hot~ I am hoping dad will do something about his eye.
love mom

Theresa Rose said...

Grandma, I loved it when you would take us kids to Unwin swimming pool. We all remembered the same swimming suit too.

Mama Lee said...

It was wonderful getting together with you for lunch yesterday! Thanks again for being such excellent company!!