Thursday, July 10, 2014

SO GROWN UP

P7091583
Morgan had a busy morning at swimming lessons, and now she is busy making bracelets. 

"Every child is an artist.  The problem is how to remain  an artist once they grow up."   P. Picasso

Keeping your sense of youth, innocence, freedom and wonder is vital to staying happy.
P7091587
Ben is excited to watch the soccer with great grandpa.

P7091573
The drive out was pleasant with a great view of the mointains.
P7091575
We arrive at the front door and hear Haiti  barking inside.

It was a bit of an unpleasant morning as I was trying to be super woman, thinking I am helping but annoying dad once again.  All I can do is say I am sorry and will try to do better.  Very naughty of me when dad is doing his best to look after me

I would certainly do things differently if given another chance.

P7091563
Lincoln and mommy very happy.

P7091564
Simone feeling adventuresome.

My headache is preventing any thoughts or ideas.

Had a great day but so happy to be home.
Dad and I will be going visiting today at the Senior's Home there is a fellow who likes dad's stories and would like to meet him.

9 comments:

Sandra said...

So just what were you trying to do? I am home for a bit this morning as it is the first day leaving the dogs outside all day with with the new boards ups. Peanut is such a determined digger. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Isn't that a beautiful drive out towards the mountains on #1 hwy? We always seem to do it in the winter and there has been a couple of times coming into Vancouver ( west )
that it has been snowing and slippery. Going home (east ) we always make sure there are no winter storms for travelling through the mountains.

You do very well Beth, with all you have had to deal with lately....feeling poorly and having a lot of tests is no fun. I know I have to remind myself not to be overbearing and bossy with Carl and let him make small mistakes....unless it comes to driving! I drive! Sometimes we have disagreements and I have to back off. It is only because I care so much about him, that I try to do everything to help him.
But he sometimes gets mad!
I love Carl and I am sure Larry loves you and just wants the best for you too. It is not an easy balance for any of us.

There was a really bad traffic accident on the highway, near our home. We were coming back from Winnipeg and saw a small white car with the back end totally smashed in..right up to the drivers seat. A 3/4 ton truck must have plowed in to it because the front end was punched right in. There were 9 emergency vehicles there. Hoping no one was badly injured. Our highway is a death trap during the summer months with so much beach traffic on it and it is just a two lane highway most of the way.

I had my lung scan early this morning and it all went well. Had to have a contrast dye by IV and it went fine. It was the first time for that.

It is a beautiful day and I am going to go out and do some gardening now.

Take care,
Love to you both,
Nancy


beth bennett said...

Dear Nancy, I do hope you get your results soon and that they are positive. You have a lot to cope with too.
So I was moving wood and burning carrots on the stove even at the same time. Larry said leave the wood and he would clear it up and he started to this morning. Some jobs take a lot of effort and look so big before you start so I think if you just do a little it is easier.
Thank you for your kind words I have been blessed by them
love beth

Anonymous said...

Did you guys go to Chilliwack, or diod Ben and Morgan come to your place? Anyway, I think you meant Haiti instead of Roxy, although the two doggies do have mischief in common! xo Panteli

Steady-as-rain said...

Dad likes to grump and grumble, so don't worry too much about that!

Love,

Rick

Steady-as-rain said...

I'll remember about 48 years ago. We were all on vacation in that little towing trailer and it was rainy, so we were all inside, and you had Kenny or Sandra on your lap, probably crying about something or other, and Dad was looking for the powdered milk, and couldn't find it and kept asking you where it was. Boy, did he grumble then!

Do you remember that?

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes Panteli I did mean Haiti.

We drove out to Chilliwack for a short visit.

Love beth

Anonymous said...

Must have been Sandra , I only drank goats milk .
I must be taking after Dad , I grumbled at a
little kid who butt in line at the Zoo....
Ken

beth bennett said...

Yes Ken you must take after dad,

love mom