Sunday, July 13, 2014

SUDDENLY

Suddenly everyone is peering out their windows to see what Bennett is doing what. No it was nor dad or I but the Bennett daughters slaving away in the garden. (this is a family joke). Sandra came early as she promised and got right into the weeds that are getting higher and stronger and may take over not only the yard but the whole world. Carol came a little later as she was caught up in the air with her first flying lessons. More difficult than she has estimated. Dad got out his log book as his flying days came back to life. Dad certainly loved to fly but since I am well grounded in all things I like to keep my feet on the ground. What not parachute I always asked?


DSCN5092

DSCN5097Suddenly dad realized he had not paid all his taxes.  This is what we did on Friday morning first thing.  We drove into City Hall to find out they had been paid after all.  For once maybe he listened to me to pay the bills when they come in.  So he did but then he forgot.  We had a chuckle over that one.

DSCN5099
Coming out of the tunnel on the other side of Richmond and Vancouver on our way to the Burnaby Hospital.  Lots of memories of the many times we used to drive there to visit family and even go to church.  I wonder why the family all choose to live across the bridge?

DSCN5101    DSCN5102
Coming home traffic was steady.  Hot and tiring.
Dad now has paid the insurance on the car so we are legal for now.  So many things suddenly seem to come due, even my library books.


Suddenly it dawns on me that once I stop wanting what is out of my control to change,
 I will be happy.
 

A good day yesterday with a beautiful full moon at night.  It is closer to the earth.

I got ready for church but was feeling too dizzy so I think I should not drive.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I don't know, but it seemed like you had a lot of days in there? I knew dad paid his taxes, he did it way early. That is probably why he forgot. Randy is off today and cooking supper. That is the last thing I would want to do after working 3 doubles in a row. So if you want to drop by for a swim and stay for dinner you are welcome. Mandi and James will be coming. Sandra

Shandel said...

Randy he is such a great family man. Love that. Nice that he cooks. Its my mission in my marriage lol to teach my hubby to cook...more....lol.
Weeds taking over the world....now i might be contributing to that. i always say leave the weeds, some are actually pretty!! hahaha I love he wild flowers and some weeds too.
Sometimes that happens to me, i will randomly forget to pay something and it strikes me as odd, because we go months and months and years with out forgetting and then one time one bill poof forgot haha.
Enjoy your Sunday Family.
XO

larry bennett said...

Walked down to Wade Road this morning and there were a bunch of police car blocking the way to Scott Road, so I went a long way around.
It said on the news there were a bunch of cars shot up by some one driving by.
This is getting close to us.
Yes we would love to come for supper if dad's eye is not too sore.
I am off to church.
love mom

nancy-Lou said...

I see the moon and the moon sees me......oh by the light of the old oak tree! Do you remember that old song from the fifties, Beth and Larry? Your moon photo made me think of it.

I am glad you stayed away from all the police cars on Scott Rd..imagine crime so close to home.
My dear old great aunt lived on 120A st. many years ago. We used to drive out to visit her every year. That was about 30 years ago.

Aren't you lucky to have volunteer weed pullers! Good for your girls!

Are you and Larry watching the soccer final? Both teams are playing "full out"!

It is freezing here....it was 9C this morning and only 11C now.
we had to find our quartz heater and put it on. Some of the people at the Winnipeg Folk Festival are wearing toques! I know it is hot out west. Enjoy! They said it is going to break a record here for a low, high temp for July 13th.

Love, Nancy

Steady-as-rain said...

Yes, don't drive if you are feeling dizzy. Indeed, why not stay home and rest if are feeling dizzy?!

Love,

Rick