Thursday, July 24, 2014

ENDEAVOR

DSCN5131After a bad night listening to me coughing and trying not to cough dad endeavored to renew my prescription for an inhaler which I did not remember having.  So he set off to the druggist with a very sore foot and also annoyance with me.

Why would I go to the doctor when I had just seen one?

The druggist looked it up and sure enough there was an order for one refill.  I was very thankful for a better night's sleep.

It is often the little things that frustrate me.  I look at the appointment time for the heart echo-gram and cannot remember if I put down the appointment time or did I need to be there 20 minutes ahead.  It was fortunate the hospital phoned as I had the day in my head wrong but I had at least written it down right.

Dad will endeavor (strive, work hard) to put his new bike together.  It is in a box in our car.  It is heavy and will be hard to lift it out.  It is fine when they help you at the store but some one needs to help us when we get it home.  Maybe that could be an employment opportunity!  The big strong guy from the store could follow us home on a motor bike and  "bob's your uncle". 

Panteli dropped by on his way to meet Carol where she will be attending a conference on bulling or gang violence.  I used to love attending conferences as there was always an air of excitement and expectation.  The ones I went to always had great up-lifting music to start the talks.

Everything went well with my test.  I endeavored to read the face of the lady doing the test but she remained stoic and very professional.  It is amazing to see your heart beating away and we just take so much for granted.  The brain also has a hidden capacity far greater than we realize.  Being creative and adaptable is one of the gifts we have as human beings.

I will not go visiting with my cough but will have a restful day.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Have you called to get your ducts cleaned yet? Our walk went well yesterday. Lucy and Peanut did not eat the neighbours dog. Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Good of Dad to go to the pharmacy.

Resting is good.

March 2015 is better than September 2015! Progress is being made!

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

Glad to hear all went well with your test and you had the right day! Yes, seeing your heart beating on the screen is quite eye opening...to think that is what keeps us living...WOW! I had a man do the test...but he was very professional too!

Coughing is important, to bring mucus up...don't hold back! Your puffer should help open up the bronchi...you need to use it as prescribed....take it from one show knows! I am still recovering from bronchitis and pneumonia and the broken ribs! You don't want to go there, Beth! Sorry to give more advice...but I care!

We are off to Winnipeg today to run some errands. Living so far away from the city we have to combine appointments and errands and usually end up pretty tired at the end of the day.

Mark, our son, lost his cat, Cosmo to old age...17 recently and he is looking at adopting a little orange kitten from a rescue. She is about 3 months old and cute as a button. He has an older female cat who really misses Cosmo...she will be in for a big surprise with the kitten.

Take care and get better soon, my friend,
Love,
Nancy