Wednesday, July 16, 2014

ATTITUDE AND ACTION

P7121652
Sad,  but also relief,  that our friend Shirley has passed  on to eternity on  Monday afternoon.  Our minister had a visit and a prayer with her and I know she would appreciate that, she was unconscious.  She is now released from all suffering and loneliness.  She was a beautiful soul who will be missed by many.  She was in good spirits right to the end!  She was a good friend!

  In my life I have the community that is family where people come and go, I have my walking community where we do not really know each other but there is always a smile and a short greeting.  Yesterday, I met the Japanese hugging gramma who I have not seen in a long time.  She talked away and I just smiled and agreed.  We hugged and she bowed and gave me the blessing of two hands together.Then there is my neighborhood community where we keep an eye out for each other.  And  yes I have my blogging community, a great bunch of characters.  There is some risk in every community that touches our lives but always a knowing that we are a part of so many other lives.
 
None of these are competitive or exclusive.  I see shows like survivor and I see fighting and cheating and no sense of loyalty as each person is out for themselves.  There also has been a growth in spirituality that emphasizes the solitary journey of self-seeking.  This can become the work of the ego that continually searches for pleasure and happiness.

All of these groups help me to adjust my attitude at times and to try to live out with action my beliefs.

Yesterday dad and I drove over to see Vera and Howard and also Leah.  Vera had left for awhile
and Howard was fast asleep.  We had a good visit with Leah before she would try to wake him up and feed him and try to get him to talk a little.  Leah put in another application so I hope and pray she finds some steady, better paid work and not have to try to do two jobs.  Her second job is going to the home and helping for a few hours.  They had the music therapy lady there and she had them playing little instruments and singing.  Just watching her made you feel happy.

Right beside them was another room where people were painting and creating masterpieces!  I admire the patience and the energy that is put into these activities.

In scripture we are called God s masterpiece each and every one of us!  Ephesians 2:8-10

P7141677
We stopped at the Art Naps nursery to pick up one little flower to fill in where the daisies had been pulled out.

 I will go for my walk and take pictures of other flowers.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

What about dad and his eye lash? I did not call all day as he "does not want to talk about it" Your brain is working well today, your blog seems very well thought out and nicely flowing. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes, Sandra dad does not want to talk about it. I make the odd suggestion and it is not appreciated. It appears to be better but now his feet are worse. It is all a part of this business.
Yes, I talked to myself and try to see if my brain is working right because I know it can not. I am trying to rethink things as I go along.
Love mom

Anonymous said...

Yes, communities are interesting. I have my Starbucks community and my Time Horton's community and people I've been chatting t for over 10 years and don't even know their names! (Carol thinks that is weird.) xo Panteli

nancy-Lou said...

Sorry to hear you lost your friend, Shirley. May she rest in peace now.
Friends have a different meaning these days..when we were younger, friends were someone we knew well and saw often in person. Of course, we still have these kinds of friends.
But the internet, especially facebook and the coffee shops have changed things a lot. I have friends on FB from all over the world. Mostly through the arts and music communities. We have never met, but enjoy networking and chats!I have learned a lot from them. Times have sure changed..and for the better! Some would disagree!
I play scrabble on line and even made a friend there! I don't chat on scrabble...but this person sounded very nice and we have been playing a daily game and always with a nice chat message!

Poor Carl. He had a bad night at the sleep clinic and came home exhausted. It was very uncomfortable having all those wires on and his blood pressure was extremely high. I was worried about him and was thinking I should have gone and stayed with him.

love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Sad news. Nice blog today mom. I went back to the dr about my toe nail problem. More antibiotics but not much hope in finding a cure. I want then to just pull the whole toe nail off. Maybe that will fix it. A week of late shifts . Matthew is counting down the days until his birthday... We have not finalised the plans yet.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Hi Ken, I thought maybe your toe nail was better. They can do so much these days and yet some things they just cannot seem to fix. Feet seem to be bad places for healing.
Mailed Matthew his card hope it gets there.
I am sure his birthday will be fun. For my birthday the girls are planning a tea party. There was some indecision about Friday or Sat. but I think it is Friday. We will dress up and wear pretty hats and act like ladies. Whatever it will be fun!
love mom