Friday, July 11, 2014

EVERY DAY

P7101633
P7101639
Everyday counts.
Your brain never stops paying attention to what you tell it, and it can respond very quickly.
Yesterday I made it to boundary Park on my early morning walk and was very pleased  with myself.

In the afternoon dad and I went visiting at the home.  There was a man there wanting to meet dad.  James was his name and I did not know but he had read letters in the paper by Larry Bennett, who is not dad.

James is a professor of English literature and has worked at several Universities.  I took him a couple of dad's stories which he read and e-mailed about how much he enjoyed them.  I promised James I would ask my famous husband Larry to come with me.

Actually James was waiting there for him so I am thankful we decided to go.  They had a good visit and James is very interesting and very pleasant.  He has a room full of books and I do mean full.

I took Jim his milkshake but I know he is not well and that contributes to his grumpiness.  I offered to pray for him and he responded with great hostility.  I cannot help but compare him with the Korean people who are very religious and enjoy a wonderful time singing together.   Some are not that well but they are always gracious and polite.  There is a calmness about them.

My brain book suggests that becoming adaptable is a good thing. " Einstein was one man who broke free of old habits of thought.  His great motivation he tells is that way he viewed the world as full of awe and mystery.  A spiritual point of view".  from   Super Brain by Chopra and Tanzi

To become adaptable we need to let go, become flexible, and laugh at ourselves.  Stop worrying about being right and allow others the right to disagree.

"Be willing to redefine yourself everyday."  

P7101637That is hard to do.  It is important to be sociable and teachable and have an open heart and mind.  

"Resist conformity"

"Put a higher value on being awake and alert."

"Value yourself"

Question your own core beliefs."

"Keep faith that inner growth is an unending process." 

"Walk the spiritual path however you define it."

"




4 comments:

Sandra said...

Sukhi keeps asking me why you don't have one of those emergency buttons you wear since you never carry your phone? Randy is finally getting busy at work. It has been a slow start. Momma needs a new tree! Or more specifically I want a milkweed bush for the butterflies. Off to visit Susan with Carol this morning to let her practice her healing stuff. Sandra

Shandel said...

Enjoy your energy healing sessions Sandy. It is very magical and wonderful work.

Grandma,you are so right. We can not always agree because we are all so different. But it sure does feel good to be surrounded by people who have like minded views and who agree and support each other. But a good discussion with disagreement is also good. Nice to have the differences. good quotes. i will need to come back and write some down to share. I hope you have a good day. We have about 3 weeks and we will be chatting in person! look forward to it. Maybe we can go for a walk too. <3

beth bennett said...

Yes a good discussion is excellent if one is treated as equal.

Dad and I and Jane are off to a healing visit to the hospital to visit our good friend Shirley Fowler, 94. She is ready to leave this world but she will be missed.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't surprise me he liked Grampa's stories. Next time you guys order a book of Grampa's storey I will have to order a copy for myself.
Kim