Saturday, December 13, 2014

LOUD

PC111094
Looked  like heavy storm clouds and they were.  So noisy it felt like the roof may blow off.  Yes something was huffing and puffing to blow out house down.  Glad everyone was snug in their beds and thankful Kim was home in case Haiti wanted to climb in with her.  Went looking for a tree that I was told by my neighbor had blown down across the road on my morning walk.   Not finding it I went into the forest because I am foolish or brave.  There were no paths as there where so many branches and trees blown down it was a messy chaos.  I thought to myself I am thankful I am alone and no one can see me stumbling along.

PC121100
I knew dad was out for a bike ride so no worries he could ride in that mess and ask me what I am doing in there.
So very calm in there and yes I did get lost.

I have no sense of direction except in Hawaii.  In another life I must have been on a boat guiding those ships travelling on the seas to find land! everyone there.

Dad and I took Leah and Vera out for lunch.  Friday is a busy day and Kim and I had to persuade dad to make reservations.  They were very happy to see each other and we enjoyed our visit too.
PC121124It was very loud at first with a lot of big party groups.

PC121118
PC121116
The ride there and back was very picturesque and Vera really enjoyed the drive.  I hope Leah got home alright she has crossed through the tunnel on the way there.  The new roads still confuse us too.

We are happy not to be travelling this year at Christmas.
I am amazed at all the unexpected things that happen my life like getting together for this lunch!

Christmas is also about the unexpected in the quiet calm of ordinary people's lives!
   

Leah has a job at Children's Hospital.  Yah Shout out Loud!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT NEWS FOR LEAH.
WE RECIVED OUR CALANDARS AND MATTHEW GOT HIS CHRISTMAS CARDS .
Ken

Steady-as-rain said...

I don't have a good sense of direction either. But I have never been to Hawaii, so I don't know if it would help or not.

I tend to just want to leave trees alone.

Yes, very good news about Leah's job.

Love,

Rick