Monday, December 22, 2014

REVISITING

PC141171
On my walk I revisit many of the same places.  The scenery changes every time I visit.

Dad and I set off for church as usual Sunday morning.  We enjoyed the children taking part in the service.  They actually sang a song from "The Sound of Music". One of my favorite movies that is also a true story. I always find comfort in the old Christmas Carols we sing each year.

PC211229But I missed the revisiting the story of the birth of Jesus born   in a humble place it was a great love story.  It was a story that reveals the love of God in the birth of this child that would breath into us the breath of life once more.  A magical story about angels and stars and shepherds the unexpected coming alive in our hearts once again.  Imagine for just a moment the unbelievable happening, the wonder of the mystical birthing truth.

"God meets us in the place where it is hard to believe."
 
 We do not need to fear but continue to learn to trust that our future holds a promise that is greater than anything we could imagine. We are learning what is important in life.
 
I can remember the Christmas day when Sandra had a terribly high temperature and doing every thing to bring it down.  We called the doctor and put her in a cool bath and sponged her continually. Presents were forgot and dinner was unimportant we were very so afraid.  She was going to have to go to the hospital when all of a sudden her temperature started to come down  we were all exhausted but so very happy and thankful beyond words.   We call this our miracle!
 
PC211230After church Jane and Geof dropped in to share some scones made by Penny who is famous for her baking among other creative gifts she has. 
 
Ava and Jeff dropped by but both dad and I had gone out so we were sorry to miss them.  They left us another kind note.  We plan to drop in and see the whole family for a quick visit on Christmas day.

No one feels like cooking a turkey so we will have an nontraditional day.  There will be no presents but fun and games at Sandra's house with who ever can come.

Christmas does bring mixed feelings.

"In the Holy Child's birth Love comes, healing and making new"
"The Love of Christ is born in us as a new heart free and open.  A child of God bringing us joy, peace and hope!"  -from our church bulletin. 





6 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

I remember when Sandra was so sick at Christmas. When the doctor was leaving and either you or Dad was apologizing for calling him out on Christmas Day, he said something like, "I don't mind at all - if the call comes on Christmas, you know it must be serious." That was nice of him to say, I thought.

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

I remember being sick, I did not know it was Christmas day . just heading down to Sarnia.

Anonymous said...

We did our annual 5km walk scooter to see the Christmas lights last night. It was 28c and very humid. We passed a fire truck with Santa in the back handing out lollies. Matthew and Jasmine said merry Christmas to everyone we passed. On the way home it started to pour. We got soaked but it stopped just as we got home. The little kids made with no worries. I am amazed by MAtthews energy.
Matthew woke to a croup cough today. Sore throat as well. We all shared the same water bottle last night so we may all be in for a cold.
Ps always happy when I pass the im not a robot test :)
Ken

beth bennett said...

Hopefully Matthew gets well quickly and the rest of you stay healthy. Sounds like you had a great adventure. I love seeing little children when I go out.
Yes I am thankful you are passing the test.
Love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

Yes, I seem to end up in line at the Post Office behind the people with the parcels for Mongolia, or someplace, as well. Oh well.

I don't have to prove I'm not a robot because I am steady-as-rain.

I really don't think we can call God a "he".

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

We are fortunate that our post office serves a small population and we usually don't have to wait in line. We have post boxes...but of course need to buy stamps etc from the post mistress. Now that is an odd term, what do they call a man? Postmaster? hmmmm

Yes,I was grumbling about having to cook a large turkey supper for about the fiftieth year....and Carl said he would buy Champ's chicken...hahah he meant it too! Sure, heart attack in a box for Christmas. Well it was thoughtful of him anyway. So I am cooking the turkey, once again. That is what you get for having no daughters or daughter inlaws! Just sons.

Glad to hear Larry is enjoying his bike so much. Glad to hear you are enjoing your walks....and yes, church is especially nice when the children take part. Looking forward to the practice tomorrow with the kids and they the community church service Christmas Eve.
I have my music all sorted out and ready!

Doesn't that seem odd...having Christmas when it is a humid 28 degrees? I wonder if Ken ever gets used to it? I hope they don't get the germs from the little guy!

Well, off to do some housework...getting ready for company on Christmas Day. Mind you, we have had lots of company as it is....neighbours and friends stopping by. That is part of living here. people just pop in...love it!

Maybe you will have Champ's Chicken for Christmas Day! Whatever...it will be a wonderful day.

Love, Nancy