Tuesday, December 23, 2014

THE LETTER

PC231231
I am fine.  How are you?  As a child this was how my thank-you letters always started.
So today I blog and say I am fine.  How are you?
After I said thank you I could not think of anything to say.  Not one thought came to my mind so I would sit there and day dream for awhile.
Dad and I went visiting together which is good.  Gordon was cheerful and pleased to see us both.  It was a dull rainy day and stay warm and dry seemed like a good plan so I did not do my walk; although I did walk to the Safeway.  The parking was full as where all the carts people had loaded up preparing for Christmas meals.
 
I had one item and the clerk said “Is this all”? with a very negative tone in her voice.  I smiled sweetly instead of making some smart reply.  Walking home I thought of all the brilliant and witty  remarks I could have made.  There are two clerks I try to avoid from past experiences.
 
Putting my faith into words is not always easy for me.  I know what I want to believe but like the good books says sometimes you have to take doubts and fears and put them in a box and close the lid.
 
Then I remember the quote "God meets us at the place where it is hard to believe."  -unknown
PC231232
 
 What would Mary have said when Joseph took her to the stable for the night when she was already experiencing birth pains?  Was this a part of God's plan?  Surely not.  Why did she say yes thinking she was chosen to be favoured among all other women.  Chosen ones do not always have an easy life.  Look at Job, or Jonah or even Paul.

Mary would have to face her doubts then and also later when Jesus was preaching a strong message that did not agree with the religious authorities.

So that said I say again how are you?

2 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

I am good.

I'm not even a robot either.

Maybe the check-out lady thought that with only one thing you could go to the self-checkout place. I usually go there, if there is one.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

No we do not have one of those at our Safeway and everyone else had a huge buggy full of food for the holiday.
It was the way she said it that annoyed me.
I walk over and carry things home so that limits by shopping. We are fortunate Kim does a lot of the big shops.
Glad you are fine and I hope Ranu and Lucas both are fine.
love mom