Friday, December 12, 2014

SEVERE

PC101058
 A picture of a picture at the art Gallery at Chilliwack.

This is how life began for me as I was blessed with each one of my children.  You forget the pain and a lot of the process but you never forget when you hold your baby for the first time.

I know that at Christmas the miracle is mother Mary holding baby Jesus with daddy Joseph protecting them and loving them both.

I was more worried than dad (I think) as we visited the doctor for the results of the CAT Scan  but both of us heard the word severe and our minds got stuck on that word.  I am thankful we will be getting more information on Monday. At this point we are not worrying.

I wonder if a change in life style could be helpful for dad.  I know when I was told no more wheat I knew the problem was severely affecting my health and that I needed to change.  I started out extremely careful but along the way I would slip.  Now I am trying to be extra careful, annoyingly careful, which has helped my nausea a lot.

Now we know and will be learning more we can put an action plan into action.  Health is so important and stress and worry is one of the big things that robs us of energy.  I know I have been focusing in my mind on what the future may bring.  I am thankful that we have a supportive family and good medical attention.  We can even get a second opinion if necessary.

It all comes down to exercise and diet and right thinking.  For me that means setting a definite time for my walk and always having some snack things with me when I get very hungry and easily tempted.  I know my thoughts are a little confused and I forget things.
 
We  also need to be aware of what we can do to prevent climate change which I think may be speeding up.  The strange warm weather makes me wonder.

Prayer helps me especially when I worry about dad or my children all of them from the youngest to the oldest!  The grandchildren and the great grandchildren.

Our thoughts are with Sandra today.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

You had time to go to the art gallery on Wednesday? And looking online it looks like diet and exercise will be dads prescription, unless it needs surgical intervention. Glad when this test is out of the way. Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Well, the word severe is one that does grab one's attention, so I think your reaction is understandable.

Good luck to Sandra on her exam!

Did Dad contact Delta regarding the grave-marker for Granny?

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Water is very important and often overlooked. Climate change is real you would have to be a idiot not to see that ! Ii hope they can fix dad up on Monday.
Hot and windy here .
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

Lovely painting of Mary and Jesus. I have a painting of them done by my great aunt. It must be almost a hundred years old and still looks pretty good for a watercolour.

WOW...Ben has a beautiful, clear, choirboy voice.....how amazing for him to have the poise and confidence to sing solo in front of a large audience. I really hope his parents find a teacher for him or a choir....he could go far. So talented in many ways!

I had a friend who had the same thing and they did surgery on her and it was very successful. She was in her seventies. It was a fairly small procedure. I hope all goes well at the appointment on Monday. Good luck, Larry!

Have a good night's sleep,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

No dad has not done anything about finding his grannies grave.
Keep on asking that will be helpful.
love mom