Saturday, December 20, 2014

ROGUES GALLERY

PC151194Off the topic:

Yesterday was my Thursday visit to the Seniors Home where at least a good half of them are Korean.  They were just clearing up tables when I arrived.  There had been a beautiful  Korean celebration with dancers with huge robes and singers with amazing voices to remember the year the home was renamed a Korean name and Koreans were made welcome.  This was not religious but a remembrance of traditions and songs from their past. ( They are Christian.)

Jim was sitting outside in the cool weather as his usually chair had been placed around a table.  We talked for a few minutes and then when it was moved back he took his regular place.  His future is grim as he may be forces to go back to the hospital and is refusing to go.  At least at the Home he can watch the activities and a few people say hello.  He thanks me for my visit and after a while I carry on to visit a few others.  Our friend Joyce is happy there in her new rooms.  She has two rooms one a sitting room and one her bedroom.  She is bright and we talk mostly about her years as a war bride and about her family, some near and some away.
 
The Bible is full of stories about rogues!

I was re-reading the ancestry of Jesus which I call a rogues gallery of thieves, cheaters, killers and criminals of all kind, yes even a prostitute.    Out of that no wonder we call the birth of Jesus, a miracle of intervention!

I have been telling Kim a few stories about some of the unusual  people that have gone to our church and stories about some of the  ministers.  Yes,we all belong in a rogues gallery of unusual characters. I know I certainly fit in.  We now find ourselves among those who come late but we are happy to be there!  I am trying to be faster in the morning.

DSC04297 Here are some of the very best rogues you would ever find any where and they have been our friends for a long time and hopefully that will continue on with this.  We met at church but now have moved to different churches but that makes life interesting.

Over the years we have had lively discussions and occasionally agreed.  We have shared our personal concerns and have supported each other through difficult times.

I have been blessed by their friendship.





6 comments:

Sandra said...

That is a very nice picture of you all. I have a bit of a sore throat too, I think it was making the rounds at work. Set off the house alarm again this morning. I just have so much other stuff on my mind. I now have a sticker on the door so I dont do it tommorrow at 4 am when I will be getting up.
Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

The photo was of ancient medical techniques?

Rogues was the theme today?

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes it started out as the theme but I guess I wandered off into never-never-land.
Yes I will add two other pictures,
Maybe I should write it over again.
love mom

Anonymous said...

We all went to the victoria markets yesterday. I got a new screen for the ipad. Nice and hot today . The kids will be in the pool all day if we let them.
Ken

Steady-as-rain said...

Never look back!

Sandra said...

I might not have a chance to read your blog for a few days, so just wanted to say Merry Christmas, and look for the pictures on Facebook! It will be a busy week and I will see you when we get back.