Sunday, December 7, 2014

THE GIFT OF LAUGHTER

PC061006
Randy had the fire going as dad and I arrived at their home.  I move the rocking chair up close and before I knew I was warm and toasty.  Nothing beats the laughter of a crackling fireplace!


Then it was off to the T.V. room to the great art work on
the wall. 
.PC061007
The artist was dragged over to where his master piece filled the wall.
 I took three pictures and not one was he smiling in.  He laughed later!
PC061015
Over coffee Randy tries to find some one at home to skype.




PC050993
This was the scene from the day before at the Nursing Home.  The songs were sung with great gusto and animation that made us all feel happy.  Talking to them as they left they were all very warm and friendly, and invited us to join their choir.  Jane used to sing in our choir at church but her voice cracks a bit now and so does dad’s so they declined.

I would love to sing in the choir but I know I am not a good singer but I can be enthusiastic when I know the tune and sing like no one is listening.

After visiting Sandra and Randy we headed to our small mall but even that was too big for dad to walk around in and he ended up sitting on a bench and then back at the car.  I did get a couple of presents and a few groceries and I too was ready to sit and relax and laugh at Kim's funny D.V.D.

Looking forward to church and to the laughter we share there.

Looking forward to Rick arriving and a time of fun and laughter with some of the family to-night!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks a lot like Christmas over there. another busy night at work. big thunderstorm in Sydney causing all kinds of delays.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Sounds very stressful Ken.

I do not know who you manage to cope with all the different things that can go wrong but I know you will. Love Mom

Sandra said...

I am thinking I should maybe get changed out of my study clothes and into something more respectable when someone with a camera is coming over.

Thank you for coming over, it was to have a bit of a break.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

The laughter of a crackling fire - that is a nice turn of phrase.

So I should arrive around 12:30 or 1 pm. Then I believe the idea is to go see Carol and Panteli's new place in Tsawwassen.

No need for lunch as I want to save up my appetite for the Green Lettuce!

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

WOW...Randy did a fabulous job of painting the tree and leaves on the wall. He has talent! Their home looks so inviting and warm. Especially with the nice fire, " laughing" ( love your term, Beth, laughter.)

I was just watching the weather and see the west coast is going to warm up and send some of it our way! We thank-you! They are predicting three days of well above zero weather and if it goes to 8 or 9 our snow may melt.

Sorry to hear Larry cannot walk far....we can relate to that because Carl cannot either. I do all the shopping and he waits in the car. I wish he would you use the buggy that you can sit in and drive...but there is NO WAY I can convince him to do that. This getting old is not for the "faint of heart" that is for sure! I am very thankful for the good health I have and the ability to do things...otherwise we would have to give up our home and move to a senior's apartment. Something we do not want to do. Our sons help us too....doing repairs etc. We are blessed!

Nice pictures of the choir at the senior's home...bringing some cheer to all. I would like to go and play Christmas songs for our senior home.

Have a great Sunday,

Love, Nancy