Monday, December 29, 2014

SUNDAY

PC281273Sunday morning found us bright and chirpy sitting in our pew.  We sit near the front now because we do not hear so perfectly anymore.

We have so many talented people in our church.  Helen who gave the sermon is one of the.  She also sings  in the choir.

The lady who put so much time and effort into this banner is another one.

Helen reminded us that we each our a gift to others.  So bows were distributed for us to put on and be reminded of this.
PC281275

Kim has gone into see Tyler and Aisland and they are going to a hockey game, Junior hockey that is.

Theresa and Mickie  and the children have gone to Salt Spring Island for a visit.  A very interesting place to be.

Dad has gone to help Carol and Pentali with electrical wiring.

I find that I am adjusting to some of my physical ailments which are a part of getting older.
I want to be quick to laugh and even quicker to forgive. That will be my goal for the New Year.

The main thing is to continue to be a gift to one another!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Larry was a great help yesterady, and Theresa, Mike and the kids dropped by to see the house on their way to SaltSpring. I told Morgan that the storage closet was her room and she was a bit disappointed till I showed them their real room on the third floor! Still thining about my New Year's resolution!xo Panteli

Sandra said...

There are not enough pictures up of the new house. Home, back to work today.
Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Now that was a lovely thing to do...give each person at church a bow....and a very pretty one in the picture.

Acceptance of the restrictions that life brings us seniors is a difficult thing to do, isn't it Beth? Carl has many restrictions to deal with and sometimes it makes him grumpy, which takes understanding on my part...not always easy! I am glad that you are adjusting to the challenges life is bringing you, Beth. Getting old is not for the 'faint of heart"!

It is really cold here...-32 and we have to go to Selirk today to pick up some groceries and a few other things. I plugged in the car yesterday...something you Lotus Land folks do not have to worry about!
Years ago we bought a Toyota Previa from a dealer on Vancouver Island and it didn't come with a block heater or air conditioning.

Have a wonderful day,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Dad is at the house yesterday. If I go I will take pictures.

Welcome home Sandra. I hope you had a good flight.]

love mop