Tuesday, December 22, 2015

BABY JESUS

I took out the manager scene and when I had it all in place baby Jesus was missing.  Morgan noticed right away he was missing.  I know too often he is missed out of our celebrations.  I have found him in the simple acts of kindness that flow from generous hearts.  When I am shopping and carrying a basket that starts to get heavy people offer to carry it for me.  Dad was given a place in the front of a long line in the dollar store.

I found the special on T.V. too intellectual and preachy.

The pope's message was one of speaking of Christian virtues to be practiced in the holiday and coming year. like honesty, humility and sobriety.

I would add authenticity, charity, compassion, courage, gratitude, inspiration and patience.  Curiosity and imagination.

People in many places like Bruni are not allowed to celebrate by putting up tress, singing religious songs or light candles.  For many non Christians Christmas is about the holiday decorations and over-eating and drinking.  We all can get carried away with the trappings of Christmas and forget we are celebrating a birth that is life-changing!  At least for me.


            A baby touches all our hearts and there is a warm feeling of love that flows within us.

They know we are Christians by our LOVE not by our religiosity.

All went well at the hospital for me.  Everyone was so kind and friendly.  Dad and I were very happy to be home where it was warm and dry.  When we arrived home it was evident Kim was already setting things up for the 24th.  he is very organized.  Now she is off to work.

No comments: