Friday, December 4, 2015

TIME TRAVELLERS

Yes I am travelling back in time over many years.  Even back when I was in the nativity play at school.  First I was an angel whose halo went crooked and I was afraid to move.

Later I would be in the choir and not suppose to sing but I sang my heart out in my excitement.

Then years later I would be find bathrobes for my children to wear as shepherds and long robes for the angels.  I wonder if any of the kids remember.  No one could eat any supper when the special night came.

We are going to Morgan's concert on the 9th.  She will do a wonderful job singing in the choir and we will be proud as punch!

Over the last few days we have been talking with old friends.  Dad's friend Don phones from Saskatoon and before you knew it they were talking about the fun they had as kids growing up together.  Dad and I went on double days together and I can remember being very afraid in the back seat of his car because he drove so fast and took the corners even faster.

Dad drove me to the Home and after we drove into Tsawwassen to visit Carol.  She already has a tree up and the kitchen is still a mess until the cupboards go up but the living room is looking festive.

There are many values that are timeless.  None of us know what our future is going to be but we can do our best to find the courage to face it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

carol and I are going to Morgan's conecert as well. I'm really looking forward to it as it will be a nice break from marking exams.Carol was enjoying watching video's on the DVD player last night whne I got home, since her laptop is still at the laptop hospital!
xo Panteli

nancy-Lou said...

How wonderful to read about the excitement of going to Morgan's Christmas Concert....won't she be pleased to have so many of her family there to see her! I would go too, if I were there!
Sure gets one in the Christmas spirit.

It reminds me of the time I was the music teacher at our local school....the concert was just about over and Santa was coming...I was playing Here Comes Santa Claus and Santa never came...I played it about 50 times. We were all looking at the back door, hoping he would arrive...(especially me) finally he came in and later I found out he was having a few toddy's at the teacherage.....ahhh the good old times! Fun being a Time Traveller, Beth!

Carl is feeling so much better today..almost like a miracle the swelling in his hands etc has gone down...he is so much more alert and talkative....nice to see again. He had the first good night's sleep in a long time. The prednisone will wear off but the Rituxin will put him in remission...very grateful to pharmacare and our MB government for their help.

It was so cute to read that you were not supposed to sing, but just couldn't help your self.

Our weather is almost unbelievable with daily highs of 4 and 5...the snow is melting and there is talk of a green Christmas. Thanks to EL NINO.

I wish you a great day....with no pain,

Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

Did Carol do more than just the back splash? I was talking to her today but forgot to ask about the party that you said Kimberly is planning.

Speaking of Kimberly, we have a new freezer so I can take some fish off of your hands now if you like.

Saw Dr Nolte today, he is trying another pill for my heartburn but when I went to the pharmacy they said the system was down for all of BC and no drugs could be sold. I will try again tomorrow.

We will not put up our tree until Lincoln gets here. Which is just fine by me as I do not like having a big tree that takes up a lot of room.

I hope one day I get to go see my grandchildren in their plays.

Sandra