Monday, December 28, 2015

BAGGAGE

Ron Ateah is driving through town and is meeting Kim at Sandra's house for a   short visit.

Dad and I  would have like to see him and give him a big comforting hug.

We are not invited and are both feeling poorly.  My infection has returned with a vengeance
Dad's lip is looking uglier  and it hurts to eat and drink and talk.

I think I will blame our immune system.

We were glad to be at home when Jonathon dropped by with a basket of organic honey ad coffee ad soap!  Woderful!

Back to a time long ago when Mary and Joesph left their home with just enough for an donkey to carry,  I think they would not have much baggage and had been warned to leave their place because it was unsafe.  Many of our refugees would know how this feels.  Little changes over time.

We frail human beings carry a lot of emotional baggage.  I myself am feeling exhausted and close to tears.  This baggage is harder to stop dragging it where ever we go.  It is also fear, shame, rejection quilt and unworthiness,  discouragement and depression and disappointment.  No walks.

I know how important right believing is, because right believing gives us the motive and enthusiasm to keep going knowing things will turn out for the best,    Prayer when I am able to pray with faith,
with allow my mind to be renewed and my body strengthened.

Do I believe God love's me.
Do I believe good can come out of trials and tribulations.
Do I believe in God's complete forgiveness.
Do I believe I need to be set free from self-absorption.
Do I believe I the healing power of prayer!  Yes!

Especially when we get rid of excess baggage!

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

AWE, Beth! I am so sorry to hear that that darned bladder infection has returned. They are so debilitating. No wonder your are feeling teary and tired....it really takes a toll on you. Maybe they will have to give you meds by IV?That is what they had to do for me when I had pneumonia...I went once a day to get my drug by IV and kept the IV needle in my hand.

oh boy, sores on lips can be so painful and it is hard not to move them....you have to eat and talk. Poor Larry. I wonder if a Vitamin E capsule opened with a pin could help healing. I know it helps scars and burns.

Have you tried drinking cranberry juice daily? I sure hope the doctors can give you drugs that will clear it up permanently.

Carl has had a couple of them over the last few months and had to have a catheter which solved the problem, well the catheter and the antibiotics. He has been OK every since. Maybe you will need some surgery too, to correct the problem. I hope not!

Baggage...well I guess we all have a cross to bear, as they say..some have poor health, some have addictions, others have relationship issues and some mental health issues. There are many more. I am so fortunate to not have much of a cross to bear, myself. I do worry about others...but there isn't much one can do about that unless they want to receive help!

I know sometimes we question why these things are happening to us....but I always receive solace when I remember what our minister told us many years ago. You are a much loved child of God. Comforting words for times of troubles.

Know that I keep you and Larry in my daily prayers....take care, my dear friend. I send you hugs.

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

I guess you watched the Canucks game eh! I know how you feel. 😖
Ken

beth bennett said...

Yes bot much to say.\
Good dad has time to sit and watch and rest his feet ad lip.
The jip takes time but will get better.
Ro ad
Don and Dona are in town visiting family.

love mom