Monday, December 14, 2015

ORDINARY

Yes it can be a sad time for many.  It can trigger many emotions.

It can be an effort to be cheerful.

I had a very ordinary day.  I cannot change the past but I can attempt to be a kinder person now
I am trying to be honest.

Can an ordinary life be an inspiration?

I  was reading the story of the "Other Wise Man" and I was struck again by this story about the unbelieving wise man who had refused to go with the others to find the King knowing the sign that was in the heavens was meant to guide them.

He was in a hurry to find them when he came across a dying man who he realized maybe he could stay and help.  He arrived tow late for his friends had departed and also the child he was searching for.  He would continue to find the conflict of faith with the impulse of love.

In the end he found peace even thinking he had failed.  He had given away the precious jewels that were meant for the new king.

"A religion without hope would be like would be like an alter without a living fire."

In the end he was told that all he had done for others was the greatest gift of all.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I think a good portion of the population would be ecstatic to be able to live an ordinary life. Peaceful, boring, at times. Nice walking with out the rain.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

It is not good to compare my life to others I think are doing a lot more. Yes so I am happy being ordinary!

Anonymous said...

I am going into the city today to Costco to buy Christmas presents. Then hom to watch the Canucks lose !!! heat wave coming oh Joy !!
Ken

beth bennett said...

Yes we are home in time to watch the Canucks.

It is cold and wet here and very dark and dull.

I am sure Ken you will come out loaded with presents!

That used to be a fun time for dad and I!

Love mom