Friday, December 18, 2015

LAUGHTER

One of the most delightful gifts we have been given along with the ability to cry and to get angry etc.

I awoke with the intention to do a good cleaning in case anyone should drop by.  Yes, so it is like closing the barn door after the horse has escaped.

First there was the walk with Haiti.  Cold but sunny and all the snow has melted.

Home to a omelet cooked by dad, very delicious, and he cleans up too.

Time to start vacuuming and I peter out quickly.  I blame these darn meds.  But then I think when I stop I will feel like a new person!

Laughter is an import thing in my life.  Dad has always been humorous and a good story teller.  Then along came four noisy, active, mischievous but adorable (some of the time).  The good thing was the times we laughed and told jokes together.  Ken always thought his jokes were the funniest.

So I have stopped to write this.

Later I think it will be good fun to hang some Christmas decorations on a small tree at the park.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Busy times like these need the laughter, as I work away at all my chores today I try to focus on how much I really like doing this, it is what I dream about all day at work. Still, I really wish I could wave a magic wand and have the furniture move it self, the laundry jump from the dryer to the drawers and all that nasty grocery shopping be done away with because my cupboards are all full.

Instead I will use my own arms and legs and hands to get done all of this fun stuff so that company gets to feel welcomed and appreciated when they show up.

Sandra

larry bennett said...

Sounds like a good outlook on life!

beth bennett said...

Wow dad commented! On Sandra's comment I think.

Yes I am very slow and will do what I can.

Sandra your home always looks lovely and we feel very welcomed.

love mom

Anonymous said...

Still hot here. We hit 44c at the airport yesterday. Still 30C this morning . We are expecting storms with lightning which means another very busy night at the airport.
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

WOW..44C...you guys in Melbourne will be sizzling at that temperature. Sleeping must be awfully hard.....

One can just hear the love and happiness Sandra has for her home and family. Good for you Sandra..nurturing is a wonderful gift one can give their family.

Laughter is so good for a person....just watching some of those old tv shows like Carol Burnett and that crazy Tim Conway brings tears to our eyes, we laugh so hard.
Did you know there are quite a few of their skits on youtube? We can watch you tube on our large screen tv. Pretty neat.

I have another piano lesson after supper...a make up one for the one I had to cancel yesterday because Carl had to have his infusion in Winnipeg.

I wish you a wonderful evening filled with laughter!

Love, Nancy