Tuesday, December 29, 2015

MESS

If I could find my new camera I was given for Christmas by my dear patient husband I would take a picture.  This one is cuter

I received many lovely presents in all sizes and I loved them all!     The best one is the time we spent with each other and it has gone so quickly.

I prayed for help yesterday feeling overwhelmed by all the mess that is all that is left.  The socks are being warn, the soap is being used, the chocolates are eaten, the picture is hung, the slippers and bathrobe well worn in now even Christmas cake and several books.  One I bought myself@

Thanks to all!

Help did come with Jonathon stopping by to check things over and leave us some special honey.  Later Carol and Panteli came with Chinese dinner.  Dad eats better when others are around as with me it just says he is not hungry.

We did not get to church but Rick gave me his theological views the morning he left.

Is there a God?  .What does he look like and how does he act?

"Socrates said the key to a fully rewarding and mature life, both for society and for the individual is to "follow the argument where ever it goes" unafraid of the consequences.  Well I have heard the same arguments over and over.

But for one who has been on a spiritual quests for years I must admit often the answers come blowing on the wind, better still  in the kindness of family or friend, or the beauty of nature or music that touches one soul or art that is inspirational.

I still have to deal with my problems and leasrn to ask for help and trust that there is a healing power that is within me and I will soon one day be WELL!

Hockey comes first then day helps to clean up.  What a pair.  The boxes have to be cut up and put out for the garbage man.  Wrapping paper also needs to be thrown away.  The Christmas decorations are fading from view.

God's love goes with me so I can share it with others!

1 comment:

nancy-Lou said...

You sure do share your love of God with us, Beth and your wonderful inspiring stories and quotes. Even when you are not feeling well, the love shines through!

I had a chuckle when I read that Rick gave you his theological views ..that is a good thing, to learn about how others think about religion. I am leaning towards Ricks way of thinking.

I hope you are feeling better today....the infection clearing up. Do you have an appointment with the Urologist for results from the test? Hopefully he will have some answers for you.
I was glad to read that you are getting a good nap in the daytime too. You need to rest and go with the flow when you are ill....don't try to do much at all!

I have an idea to paint on gold and silver leaf.....small paintings, maybe a grouping.
If it turns out I will teach it in a workshop. Maybe some abstracts.

Not tomorrow or the next day....both are trips to Winnipeg a 250 km round trip each day. Carl sees his doctor about his heart and breathing issues and I have an ultrasound of the liver and pancreas the next day! Glad our car rental gets 7litres per 100 km. It is a Volkswagon Jetta....not good on ice...too light and just all season tires. I miss our big van with winter tires. Don't miss the higher use of gas per kms.

I see the exterminator is coming in.....that is good....he can get rid of those little devils. They are still working on our van.....we received the engine cover from Toyota today and must drop it off at the shop. The mice ate all the foam from the inside of the cover. They are so destructive.

It was a lovely winter's day and Bella, Max and I had a good walk....a little brisk and Max was hopping on his feet. They feel the cold sooner than Bella's....she has a lot more fur on hers. It was -16.

Love, Nancy