Monday, December 7, 2015

GOOFY

It turned out to be a goofy day.
I will look up the poem "The Love Song of Alfred Prufrock"  after I finish writing this.

Dad and I enjoyed going to the pancake breakfast where I had special pancakes prepared for me.

I was a little comic relief when I fell getting out of my chair.  That was the first goofy thing I did.

Much later I was taken completely by surprise when Carol and Panteli walked in the door and I was turning the oven on to cook the roast.  Dad and I had gone to the store, he waits in the car, while I shop.  I like to pick things out myself if possible but getting a little larger order is to hard to carry.  We are on the look out for a little buggy I can push and carry things in.

I had looked at the clock and for some reason though it said 3 when it was really 4.

I felt stupid and weird.  Fortunately Kim arrived right after them and saved the day by cooking a marvellous dinner for us all.

Yes God's love does carry us over our goofy times until we feel okay again.

A powerful wind is pounding against our windows so I am off to bed before the power goes out.

Yes, we are reminded not to be afraid but to know that there is a power greater than we realize with us always.!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I decided to just stay home and get some work finished that I did not get to on Friday.

I am pretty sure I bought you a thing like that for your groceries a while ago, you probably gave it away since you were not old yet.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes I know you id and we gave it away to people at the food bank who really needed it! Kim has gone away for a day or two. I missed what was being said as I was cleaning u. Sometimes spontaneous things work out for the best.

I will walk Haiti now.

love mom