Friday, January 6, 2017

ANTICAPATION

Yes a little bundle of joy arrived along with bags of groceries.  What a wonderful surprise.  I think everything was picked with love and care.  We certainly were not anticipating anything like this.  Ophelia  is smiling and talking but I did not catch her smile.  There is nothing like these first sounds she is making.  Leah has to leave for work to try to keep her hours up as a LPN.  Craig had the day off but it will be a busy day for him too.

Thank you a lot we are so grateful!

Thursday we had a visit from Haiti and I did a few walks around the block with her.  We do enjoy having her and then Kim stay for a visit when she picked her up. 

Both days gave us a new sense of positive energy and security.



3 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Lovely for Leah to come by with groceries and the little darling baby.

I hope the ice is melting and doesn't come back until next winter.

I am off next week to do a quick visit to Saskatoon where it will be -22.

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

Oh my, isn't Ophelia precious? That is such a good photo of Leah and Ophelia. One can feel the love!
How kind of Leah and Craig to bring you groceries. Do they live nearby? You are so blessed, Beth, to have such a caring family. But I don't need to tell you that...I am sure you know!

We are binging on sports today. There is a Jets hockey game, three Grand Slam curling games and NFL football. Well I won't be watching it all...but curling is high on my list and I will tune in while doing chores.

Our "window on the world" has been very active this morning, with many hungry visitors. Squirrels, Chickadees, Nuthatches, Blue Jays, Magpies, Pine Siskins and Red Poll. There are two large Pileated Woodpeckers ( male and female ) Downie and Hairy Woodpeckers as well. I found a place where I can purchase a 40 lb bag of mixed nuts for the birds....almonds, cashews, peanuts, walnuts and boy do they like them! I think the nuts are past date or ones that fell on the floor at the company. At night we have flying squirrels. I have tried to photograph them, but the light is too poor.

Have a lovely day today,

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Cooler today , only 32C, windy with a cool change this afternoon. We booked a house for three nights down at Rye . The beach there is great for the kids. Really nice white rock like pier about 300m long. I jump off from the end , swim between the pilons looking for seals and sea 🐴. The back beach is very rough with big waves and a dangerous undertow. There is a carnival on there as well. There are about 11 people going. If Nona comes and maybe cousin Ricky . Melina sister husband and two kids are coming as well.
Ken