Tuesday, January 10, 2017

LAST

This is on the way home from Langley where I had an appointment with the Urologist.
Dad came in with me and the lady doctor really liked him.  They agreed while  I was not happy being told things would probably not get better but I can try some new pills.  I go back in three months.  I think maybe it is a waste of time.

Today I was looking everywhere for my study book for the Jet Lag study.  I think there is an unwritten rule of the universe that you find things in the last place you look, when you are ready to give up.  So today that happened and yesterday it happened when dad was looking for his tool kit.

Today we also looked through some books to decide which ones to give away.  Both dad and I started to read from them so that slowed us down.

Dad had a bad stomach day today but is better by evening.

"The art of love is largely the art of persistence."  -Albert Ellis

At Chapters I found a beautiful book called "Daily Love.".
I will be quoting from it.

The question from my study book I found starts out with how do you deal with failure in your life?


_

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

I was chuckling when reading about your search for the lost study book. You are so right! it seems just when you give up looking you find it!

Beth, I don't know what is wrong and why you are seeing the Urologist, but would like to tell you that someone I know is incontinent and has to wear pull ups. He started on a pill for that and it has taken about 8 months, but it is a lot better now. The pills aren't cheap, though.

In regards to your question, what do you do to deal with failure in you life? The first words that came to mind were, 'suck it up buttercup' and that pretty much says what I do. Chalk it up to a learning experience and move forward!

The quote really hits home too....because anyone in a long term relationship knows that persistence is the key. We don't give up at the first 'bump' in the road!

Wasn't that quite a speech by President Obama. Grace and Dignity! I didn't hear it all but saw the highlights. I fear what is going to happen with that idiot Trump as president...I and a lot of people. I have US cousins who are thinking of moving to Canada.

It is -30 this morning and some of the rural school busses are cancelled due to the cold. We will stay home, except for a short excusion to the local store for milk. I will call our sons and if they are going will 'hitch' a ride with them! Saves starting up the car when it is this cold.

Have a wonderful Wednesday,
Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

It is such a worry not knowing what Trump will do as he can change this way and that but maybe he will be better than we think. Time will tell.
That is too cold Nancy.
Staying home is a good plan.
Love Beth

Steady-as-rain said...

Chapters is a good place to be.

I did eventually get my new car. It is okay, but I don't like the colour.

Minus 20 here. Luckily the new car has remote start.

Love,

Rick