Saturday, January 21, 2017

WALKING

The new rescued cat looks longingly out of the window but it will run way if it is let out.

I went for a good walk in the morning and I was thinking of all the friends and family who have walked side by side with me. 

Growing up walking to and from school was the way you made friends.  If a boy want3ed to walk you home that was something else!  I am trying to maintain a constant steady pace but the last few blocks are a challenge.  It is wonderful to be out in the fresh air.  A man at the park teased me wanting to know where my dog was and had she run away.  A lady stopped to say she loved the Christmas balls that I had put on the little Christmas tree.

My stomach was upset and I am so thankful for having more than one bathroom.  Hard to believe all my growing up years we just had one like most people.

I plan to go visiting with dad to-morrow after church and then on to a birthday party for Assie.  I think he is about 6.  All of Cathy's family will be there so it will be fun.

I always felt when I was a lay chaplain it was a privilege to walk through the final days of some ones life.  It had the potential of being a spiritual experience just being present in the room with them.  They still have physical and emotional and mental needs and a hug is nearly always a blessing.

"Walk in love, as Christ loved us, and died for us" - Ephesians 5

I believe Jesus shared our humanity so we could share his divinity.  His death gives us hope that there is life beyond death.

Love is stronger than death!

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Walking is not something I will be able to do today or for a few days. It is treacherously dangerous out there after days of light rain on top of all that snow.

Just going out to get in the car to drive ( slowly) to the store is a challenge. This is extremely unusual weather for us and we are going to "pay" big time with some bitter and snowy weather...it is 'Murphy's Law" on the prairies.

It has been over a week of melting and the skating rinks are pools of water now. It is a good thing the curling rink has artificial ice or it too, would be gone. Years ago we had natural ice and if it was really cold the ice would be slow and you really had to "huck" the rock as they used to say! If it was mild like this the rock would "skate" down the ice.

How wonderful for you to be able to go for a good walk again, Beth. I know how much you enjoy them. I guess all the snow is gone now.

The art class yesterday was so enjoyable. Chey, my art student who is like a Granddaughter, brought me a lovely top, her Mom got for me. Nice cotton one and tucked inside the collar was a tiny little white teddy bear. It brought tears to my eyes...so thoughtful of them. Chey is the most talented art student I have ever taught...and a beautiful young lady to boot. She is a nature lover and wants to work in forestry. She is 17. Our paintings were a challenge for them and me as well...lots of details..but they are working out well.

Your Sunday sounds like a lovely day, with church and a birthday party. Have a blessed Sunday filled with happiness.

Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

I had dad's shirt you bought and some gluten free corn flakes to give you but forgot them in the car. Peanut has not been doing well so I got her perscription for her today. But no one had or could even get the drugs we need. Will try to see if we can get them made tomorrow at a compounding pharmacy. While I was at one drug store there was a lady there trying to convince the pharmacist to give her pills with out a prescription. Just 4 to get her through the night she said. I would have just said no and walked away from her but the pharmasist kept listening to her story, that just got more and more convoluted about why she could not got to the doctor (there was a clinic right there open) to get a new prescription.

Randy and I got lots done in the house yesterday, but fell short today. We did not get home from our errands till after 2. And with no lunch, not even anything to drink I was done.

I just have a few patches of ice left on the sidewalks of my walks, now you see all of the buried dog poop that people did not pick up. : (

So did dad and Don say their final good bye's? Will there be any kind of service for him?

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sandra Sorry to hear about Peanut.
I gather you got the prescription but no one could fill it,
that seems strange.

Dad is in no hurry for his shirt.

I gather you found a hat for Ophelia.

No final good-byes yet.

Love mom