Tuesday, January 17, 2017

DEPRESSION

Everyone is happy for the rain to start to wash away the snow but it has great beauty and the sunshine is a wonderful plus.
Today has been dull and so drab with rain on and off.  I think January can be a very depressing month because of the grayness of the day.

I did go for a longer walk and will make an effort to keep trying to improve. 

Dad and I went to the library and I got some good books.  Two very funny ones.  "The Parrot Who Thought She was a Dog." and "Death Taxes and a Satin Garter".  I also found a book about pilots flying in the war for dad.  It is good we can bring them home and see if we enjoy reading them. 

That is my good news but the negative news is all the depressing tragedies that are a part of our news every night.  Mostly about family murders and then there is political scandal.  I do not have the capacity to comprehend and process it all. 

Glad there is tennis to watch and hockey again to-night.

And then there is the love that warms our hearts and makes life not so depressing. 
A wonderful cure for solitude and uplifts the soul!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I was thinking that as well. My drives home lately have been so beautiful it is distracting, with the lovely snow covered mountains turning a lovely pink and the sky every colour of blue and mauve. No it was just dark and rainy driving home. If it was not for those people who have not shoveled their sidewalks I would not be welcoming the rain at all.

I will try and remember to look for a painting class when I get home Nancy Lou.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Good idea!

love mom