Wednesday, January 4, 2017

YES

Happy Birthday  to our New Year's baby, Ken.
Warm and sunny spending time by the pool!  Lots of big splashes!
  
                                               Sun is coming out here too!

Yes we enjoyed shopping together.  We each had a buggy to help keep our balance We came home with a trunk full of bags. 

Yes I am willing to say yes to help when I need it.

Dad and I will drive to Cloverdale to Papa Chucks to drop off Morgan's school book she left here.

Stopping for a little visit with Joyce first.  Dad has to go on the web for a project for Carol.

Yes I want to say yes to life.

Yes to the joys and the sorrows.

Yes to my own limitations and weaknesses.

Yes to small moments of happiness that break into my routine.

Yes to the promise of hope and security.

Yes to the presence of all that is holy and good.!

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

"Yes" is a lot better than "no"...but there are times for "no" too.

I like all your "yes's", Beth. Yes, I am very glad I found your blog and became your friend. Maybe one day we will meet....I hope so!

Well, that is a good thing..to be all stocked with groceries now. Especially when one doesn't know what the weather is going to do on the coast. You have had one wild and crazy ride haven't you? Snow, ice and cold.

A friend just returned home to Vancouver after spending the holidays visiting famil here in MB and she said it was -6 and there was quite a bit of ice.

The high temperature for today was -24 and brrrrr it is cold outside. I went out first thing in the morning to feed the birds and jack frost was nipping at my nose. I will go out again soon to feed them for that hour before sunset when the birds are most active. They have to store up for the long nights.

Is Papa Chuck's where Ben stays while he goes to school and soccer in Vancouver?

I am cooking a turkey thigh and drumstick for supper and it is smelling pretty awesome. It is from the turkey I bought on sale and cut up into parts. It is very economical to do that and we just cook enough for the two of us at a time (and the dogs, of course).

Tomorrow is our grocery day and we will tackle the cold weather. We will drive to Winnipeg and stop in at Selkirk on the way home. We want to go to that new Save On Foods in Winnipeg.

Have a wonderful evening,
Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

YES Nancy I can smell that turkey from here.
Great idea.
Yes Ben stays at his papa Chuck's house while
going to school in Burnaby. He rides the bus
and the sky train.
He was anxious to get back to school and playing soccer.
Very icy on our road.
Have a good day shopping.
Fun to go to a new store!
Love beth