Saturday, January 7, 2017

FAITH

Jasmine, Cathy's oldest daughter and her son Azzie dropped by in the morning for a visit. 
He has been busy making   Lego  but before they leave Jasmine is going to pray for me.

I know that I could use an infusion not only of iron but of faith.

Jasmine has been healed of some major health problems with prayer and the laying on of hands.  She is full of joy as she relates her experiences.  When you have experienced something like she has it fills you with faith and the desire to pray for others.

Faith is a funny thing and no words can explain the mystery of the healing power of prayer.

Faith is often ridiculed by some as escapism, or avoidance or delusion. 

The truth as I have experiences it is more the fact that prayer demands we face the truth emotionally as well as physically.  I want to put my faith into the reality that I can trust and believe in.

I am reminded that God is a constant presence that is with me in times of prayer but also in times of mundane chores. 

Going to church can be inspiring for those willing to continue to learn to live by faith. 

Prayer can be an answer to a dream or a longing or it can challenge one to be open to new possibilities.

Thank you Jasmine for your loving words of faith!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

We all put our faith in different things, and I bet all of us at some time even in God.

I guess faith and hope and the ability to keep persevering in the face of what ever life is throwing your way all go hand in hand.

I hope I did not offend you. I thought when I got off the phone maybe it came out wrong. If you want to drop by for a visit you are more than welcome. Mandi and James are coming at 12:30. You might just not go away with full tummies.

I am off to brave the sidewalks and then to the grocery store. Did not get out there yesterday.

Sandra

Unknown said...

What lovely visits you have had . Signs of love faith and hope.Thank you for sharing so much. love Jane.

nancy-Lou said...

Faith.....a belief in something? Is that what faith is all about? My faith in God becomes ever present when I am outdoors in nature....when it is still and no one is about. It is almost tangible. Sometimes my spirit is filled with so much awe, it can bring me to tears.

Thank-you for the words about faith and thank-you for the photos.

How wonderful to have Jasmine and her Son visit you. You have so many kind and caring people in your life, BEth. He looks like he was having a good time playing. Cute little guy!

We had a visitor too, a large white rabbit. He sat on the top of a snowbank for quite a while trying to determine if the coast was clear for him to come to the bird feeder and eat the seeds that were on the ground.

We also had company...our friends, Bonnie and Ken came and Bonnie brought Holopchis for us.
I am not sure if you know the Ukrainian name for cabbage rolls.....Bonnie is Ukrainian and makes them the Ukrainian way. They look delicious.

They are very kind and caring people. Very hard working people.

My kitchen was in a mess because I was making liver for the dogs...rice to mix up with it and potatoes to mash for the top of the Shepherd's Pies I was making. I had a frying pan full of hamburger meat and veggies with sauce made too. Bonnie just pitched right in and helped and did the dishes while I was cleaning up and putting away. now that is a good friend!

It is a cold night, -28. I have to go out and plug in the car because Carl has a doctor's appointment tomorrow.

I wish you a lovely evening,
Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

No I was not offended.

I made a joke of it when I told dad.

Love mom