Wednesday, May 3, 2017

BRIGHT May 3

                                         Flowers always brighten up the day.

Yes I think we live a very dull life without any wild life or dogs to rescue but we had a busy day for us two.  I started cutting the grass and then dad finished it.  I thought I had broken the vacuum but dad fixed it as it was only a button was turned off to make the brushes go around.  We drove to the River Inn where we had a very reasonable lunch.  It was warm enough on our front porch to sit so dad thought it would be warm to sit out on the patio.  It was not.  Dad brought half of hos roast beef sandwich home so he will have that for today.

We went into the Safeway but dad could not walk up and down like he enjoys doing as his feet were very very painful.  He sat down on the stool to wait but when I walk right by him he thought I was going to take off with out him.  Ha ha.

He was happy to sit and watch hockey and eat pumpkin pie that I purchased for him.
Wonder if Ken is home and able to watch the game.

When they broke into our home at the other place they took a leather jacket that dad had given to him and some money that was laying around, my wedding rings but I did not have any other jewelry of value.  They also take liquor but we did not have any at that time.  I am sure no one came into our home it was me being careless.

It is raining this morning but it feels warm.

The U.C.W. ladies are going out to lunch today at the North view Golf Course.

"Don't save something for a special occasion
Every day of your life is a special occasion."
=Thomas Monson

I know Sat. is going to be! !

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh how we need the bright flowers, as the weather just seems determined to stay dull!

I was searching on Facebook to post the lost dog and found that there has been another rash of daytime break ins in our area, even houses with alarms. The police had told us that they target ethic groups that are more likely to have cash and jewelry, so I am hoping they leave us alone.

I hope that Saturday goes well and that Randy is happy. Our neighbors like star wars and they are going to dress up and drop by as well.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Now that is team work, Beth! You starting cutting the lawn and Larry finishing! Good for you both. Then the vacuum too....that is what marriage is all about...being there for each other. So cute!

I do hope the dog Sandra and Randy found gets a good home or is reunited with its owners.

We have been blessed with so much sunshine and it starts about 5am now and lasts well past 9pm. The weather is so nice that we are able to leave some windows open in the house to air it out after the long wintertime. I am going to put the budgies out in the sunroom tomorrow if it is this warm and they can enjoy the breeze.
Tweety and Lady have been getting into mischief and we may have to deal with some eggs...oh boy that is something I wasn't thinking of. I think if they have eggs I will just take them away. so I know for sure there are a male and a female but the green one is undetermined at this time....probably a girl too as Tweety is pretty interested in her! lots of fun.

I am getting ready for a watercolour workshop on Saturday...not a painting class. The workshops are longer, 5 hours and I paint a complete painting for the class as they follow along. People are coming from many parts of Manitoba so I have to be on my toes and do a good job!

We got our car back today and a big bill too. The mechanic picked Carl up in his tow truck and took him up to the garage so Carl could pay and drive the car home. Carl had a devil of a time getting up in the truck...but he managed. The young mechanic is such a nice fellow. I gave him some brownies that I just made and he was sure happy.

our son, Bob is coming for supper after work today. he is a vegetarian so i will make him vegetarian burgers and fries and cole slaw. We will have chicken burgers...homemade ones. I have made them before and they taste really good compared to the ones you buy in the store.

Good for Ben going overseas with his team..my goodness the opportunities that are available for the young folks of today are amazing aren't they?

Well I have to finish the laundry so better get my act in gear!

I wish you a lovely evening and I bet you will be watching hockey. We will probably watch the Blue Jays and switch to hockey to see how it is going.

Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes I am home from my ladies lunch out.
A lot of single widows do not get out to lunch so much anymore.
We will be watching the hockey. Dad in a new second hand chair.
He will pull it up close.
Hope you enjoy your games too.

Love Beth