Wednesday, May 3, 2017

SAFE May 3


Another wet day.

Ev was late picking me up for our lunch because she had to look up the address which,  I knew very well because dad and I would meet Jane and Geoff  there.  It was about half way for both of us.  Jane was very much missed at our gathering as she has been a delight to know and good company.  She loves to share jokes on her e-mail.  She is not going on her computer right now as she regains health and strength.


This is my travel companion and good friend Noreen.
It is safe to say everyone had a good time.  It was nice to not to be planning any events but just getting to know each other better,



Too bad Sandra's neighbor hood is not as safe as she maybe thought.  It is such a pretty street and reminds me of Saskatoon with all the trees.  I think these things can be an inside job where the thief's know the home.   

It is not safe to leave dad at home with the car as he headed down to the Salvation Army Thrift store to come home with a new chair.  Our furniture is looking worn out but is good enough for now.

I forgot about the raccoons, our wild animals, who pulled the hose out of the garden pond and maybe the pump is burnt out.  They also have found out how to unlock my compost bucket.  They look so cute but can be annoying.

I am thankful that in this group it is safe to ask questions about our faith and how we can help others.
We provide food and clothing to those in need.  Today was a day to have fun.  Relationships are important and our faith is built on the relationship with Jesus and belonging to a safe community of friends.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh, I am was not surprised to hear about the break ins. They are always going to be people who think stealing is a good way to get rich quick.

Dad was lucky his chair was still safe and available to him. Or was it a different one?

I am off to get my cortisone shot in my shoulder this morning, just in time to be out digging in the garden.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes Sandra it was the same chair so he is happy.

A good day to be in the garden but I do not know
if you should do that after your shot it may damage any good
it can do.

love mom