Wednesday, May 31, 2017

MY GARDEN

Still early for some flowers to bloom.

Many hands have helped shaped my garden with loving care and kindness.  I think it is overgrown and scraggly and lopsided but when I remember all the plants that have been given me I enjoy it's beauty just the way it is,  

I am so thankful for an amazing support system that has been there for me over the years.  

Growing older is reshaping my life so that the woman who could look after three active babies cannot look after even one.  I enjoy being with all our little ones and pray for them daily.  

Two ladies stopped today to comment on my garden so that always is good to hear.

I am changing but so is the world.  Belief in God is also changing but open to critical writers like Richard Dawkins,  Sam Harris and Christopher Hitchens.   It is important that we pay attention to their thoughts on irrational belief and intolerance.  They have a point.

I continue to examine my faith by reading but still believe that it does not have to be controlled by the demands of reason or evidence.  The soul that has been cultivated and weeded will experience the beauty of a Creator who speaks through nature and art and music and the words and thoughts of others.

Gardens will always grow weeds and in the soil of human hearts sin can grow
 but I believe in forgiveness and lots of second chances.  

Off to go visiting with dad wanting to drive.  I know Joan is concerned about Joyce who left so suddenly.  Her life has changed from being a world traveler to sitting in her room.  She enjoys revisiting them with me as we visit.

Home now and so glad I made the effort to go Joan was having a very bad day.  She misses Joyce as they sat at the table together.  People moving and leaving can be upsetting for them especially when they have no visitors.

"Bloom where you are planted."

4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

What pretty pink and white flowers! I don't know what they are Beth because they don't grow here. The photos I have seen of your garden are very beautiful.

I worked in my garden a lot today too. I have a huge compost pile that is ready for the garden and had of fun adding it to soil in pots and planting flowers.I carved out the centre of a large stump and put soil and compost in it and planted a large red geranium that I over wintered in it with cascading white flowers...Bacopa. It looks pretty good!

How was your bone scan? Did you receive the results? I hope it was good news.

How is Jane doing? I read that she hasn't been doing very well and would like you to pass on to her that I think of her and add her to my prayers. I hope she isn't battling any serious illness. It is wonderful that you both have remained such good friends for all those years.

We had a quiet day after the early and long day yesterday in the city. The good news is I called the plastic surgeons nurse and she said I don't have to wear the dressing on the skin graft now. I am sooo happy. it was awful to have to walk around with this huge ugly bandage on my nose...and it was so hard to make it stick...very awkward to wrap around the nose tip.

The last surviving sister from the 10 Ateah children that Michael and Shafia had, passed away a couple of days ago. That was Margaret. She was Carl's Father's sister and the youngest. I guess there will be a funeral here next week. Her son lives in Switzerland.
I believe she was in her late 90's.

It is so nice to see your garden flowers, Beth, I hope you post some more photos.

Have a lovely evening,
Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

Thanks Nancy
I had some more flowers on the film that is in my camera.

I love your stump idea.

I would have trouble walking with a bandage on my nose
glad that it can come off now.

Jane is worn out caring for her husband and sad that
he is going down so quickly. He is in a new place now
but it is extremely expensive.

We will drive over to see her when she feels up to a visit and
Larry feels like driving.

Enjoy your day.

Love Beth

I see the doctor in a week so will get results then.

Sandra said...

It is always nice to hear compliments when you work hard at something. Now that I have a garden in the front I am talking to more of the neighbours.

Has dad finished all of the blocks?

Any chance Kenny is coming out this summer?

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Dad has not finished putting them in right.

I do not know about Ken.

Working in the front you do meet more neighbors.

What is happening to-morrow?Love mom