Monday, May 8, 2017

SERIOUSLY


Seriously thinking of going visiting today.
I  had a short walk and cut the grass before the rain starts.



So thankful for another sunny day on Sunday as we head off to church.

The sermon was on a poem by Lenard Cohen about there are cracks in everything and everybody which is good because that is how the light gets in.  It was good to hear as I had not had a good week.
It was not bad but just not good.

As Jesus would say blessed are the poor in spirit!

This is the opposite to some who preach a gospel of success and health and wealth.
In the time of Jesus if you were sick you were considered to be under God's curse.

Our brokenness becomes the window that allows the light of Jesus to flood in.

It is so sad to see the flooding in other areas of our country where streets and homes are under water.

Jesus was broken so that we can see the love of God love that never goes out.

My spirits are lifted and I hope His light shines through me today.

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

I like the poem by Leonard Cohen......let the light come in! YES. i wonder if the words were put to music? I will google that afterwards.

Seriously....hmmm well I could have said that to the plastic surgeon yesterday when I was all set for getting that lesion off my nose and he told me that the type of basal cell cancer I have, doesn't have defined borders.
So he had to book an hour with the lab at the hospital and will do the surgery next Wednesday.
He will run the cancer tissues that he cuts out to the lab until the the borders are clear of cancer. So it is more involved. He will be taking the skin graft from my neck. he said he will take some tissue from inside my nose as well.

Yes, some days can be difficult to feel good about..I can understand your not having a good week Beth. I think we all feel that way from time to time and more so as we age and have health problems.

But I reminded that some folks have it a lot worse. A childhood friend of mine is battling stage 4 lung cancer, and very bravely may i say....AND her son is battling a difficult colon cancer. He has a young family. She will be coming to Winnipeg in the summer and I will be visiting her and I know there will be tears. We were close as kids. That is IF she can come this summer...it all depends on her next scan. So suddenly my problems become trivial.

And then we see the delightful pictures of that cute little munchkin...and are reminded of the great promises that await her as she moves through each year.
You are blessed with such a caring family...to bring you stew and to have a visit too! Good for Craig and Leah.

Wishing you a wonderful evening,
Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes, I may not be able to do what I would love to do. I do not feel I can look after Ophelia as she is a handful. I could take her for a walk in the stroller.

We are very blessed.

I will pray that the nose surgery will not be too painful and they take it all out.
love beth