Monday, May 15, 2017

TOUGH DAY

Tough day at the dentist totally unexpected.  We both ended up having surgery.
I had two roots cut out and dad had two teeth pulled out after they had been cleaned.
We both have frozen mouths, although mine has come out now, so we can really say I know how you feel.  Totally miserable and having some pain.  I started to have waves of nausea which ended in throwing up a little blood.  My pain is now being controlled and I have had a piece of bread.  Dad is having mushroom soup.

I will get a new flipper with by old teeth to-morrow and then in a few months a new chrome one which should last longer.  Dad was told he will have to go through getting a new implant which is a long process.  I think Sandra and Rick and Ken have had it.  Ken's teeth were clued in with super glue because they did not have screws.  That glue sticks like it is meant to last forever.  Sandra knows because she glued her long finger nails on.  


In the morning I was thinking the toughest things was trying to read with dirty glasses.  I know that it is important to love myself before I can really love others but that can also be tough especially with teeth missing and  skin wrinkling (but that has the potential of improving with all my skin care products that Ken and Melina sent for mother's day.)

The good thing is that we were home when Ken phoned  on his way to work.  Great to have a chat.

I was able to finish my library book and dad now has a hockey game to watch.  We have warmth and power and each other.  We have pain pills to take and left over food to eat and a secure dwelling safe from the rain.  It is coming down very hard now.

We are now joining others who need prayer for strength and courage
and much better than most of them.  For me the worst is over and the healing will begin.

"Faith is left to find it's own way."  
Helen Humphreys

2 comments:

beth bennett said...

Yes today is much better for which I am thankful.

Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Gosh you both had a tough day at the dentist. That is one of the worst places to go isn't it? Well i am glad you are through the worst part, Beth and it sounds as though Larry still has some nasty things to go through. I dislike having impressions too....yuk!

Your book, the Lost Garden is one I would like to read. How are you liking it Beth? I must see if our library has it.

Yes, i sure can relate to wrinkling skin and missing teeth...all problems of getting older I guess. Not much we can do about it but grin and bear it!

Love, nancy