Wednesday, May 17, 2017

TWISTS AND TURNS May 17

                                           Twists and turns yes life seems full of them.
                                           We know all those little ducklings will not survive.

In our life who would have thought Bobby, Rick's friend would end up being our dentist
and not only that but a block from our house.

I know that many times I have been in the right place at the right time.

I am thankful for the many different homes we have lived in and the many friends we have made.

I cut the lawn today instead of going for a walk.  Then dad went out to blow off the sidewalk and get the front pond working.

Next we are off to the bank because my debit card is not working.  Dad was trying to use it to pay off the dentist but put in the wrong number.  I hope this means my bank is looking out for me.

I have been reading about some of the old scholars and preachers   who wrote way back in the beginning  of Christianity.  Their writings and their sermons and poems took many twists and turns.  What we believe now has come forth out of many changes.  

Each writer and preacher had their own view and interruption of the Bible.

The Bible continues to be central to our faith even though we now acknowledge the human element in their writings which makes for some contradictions.

Today we are searching for spirituality that brings value and meaning into our lives.  A happy heart sees the beauty of life that reflects an inward and an outward change.  God created us with minds that reason and search for truth,

"The incarnation tells us not only who Christ is but who we are"

Jesus in the flesh uniting Himself to all humanity in all its frailty and humanness.

Our past has had some twists and turns and so will our future.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I guess as long as we are living their will continue to be unforeseen changes in our lives. Though, it does seem like some people just plan out their lives and everything goes along as it should. Or maybe it just seems that way? Shelly was mentioning on Sunday that she has a plan for her life right now (part of it includes a new handsome man she met at yoga) I think I gave up planning a long time ago as nothing seems to go as I think it should.

Though, the plan for this weekend is to get me a front garden! We will see if that happens. Randy thinks he broke his foot and might get it ex rayed today.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sorry about Randy
I am sure a broken foot was not a part of his plan.

Should be a nice day to garden.
I did not do any today but did go visiting.

Dad has more blocks for the back yard so maybe we
will both do that to-morrow.

Love mom