Tuesday, May 30, 2017

CHEER


 Carol and Hamlet drop by for a visit ti cheer us up.  Kim was at school and Panteli at a business lunch.  Dad did an amazing job of making sandwiches and being helpful.  He had gotten up earlier so that we could be on the same time line.  We did have breakfast together and I had my walk after.

Dad and I had agreed we would drive to West Van. to cheer up Jane with a visit.  Not by solving her problems but by listening. and letting her express the sadness and confusion she is experiencing right now.  She was the one who cheered me up sounding much better than the day before.   She had her day planned and she feels a lifting of her spirits.  She has a difficult road ahead but finds comfort in knowing others are praying for her.

Jane and I have done a lot of praying for each other over the years. We try to be truthful and honest as we share our ups and downs.  I have found it helpful to share but also to write done my worries and concerns.  We have taken turns cheering each other up.

Life can put us into painful situations and all our feelings will not dissolve right away but time can heal and help us adjust.  I think the birds remind me to wake up and cheer up!

Life is shaping us into being the best person we can be, confident and caring and loving ourselves and others.

"A woman in harmony with her spirit is like a river flowing.
She goes where she will without pretense and arrives at her destination
prepared to be herself and only herself."
Maya Angelou

2 comments:

Sandra said...

As usual sounds like you guys had a full day. How are all the dental visits going, or are they done for now?

Sandra

beth bennett said...

No the dental visits are looming ahead of us. I know dad goes June 6.

I get my teeth cleaned but I do not know when.

Dad can find out when he goes or when I walk by maybe
they will just yank me in.

Today I am going visiting. I know Joan is concerned about
Joyce who lived across from her and left so suddenly.
I will have to decide what to do about visiting in the future.
Who and where and how often.

Love mom