Tuesday, May 23, 2017

WHAT IF


What if Ophelia wonders
Ophelia finds a little twig Grandpa did not blow off.
A perfect day to sit out.
Ophelia is an excellent crawler and will be walking soon.

Some days I just think to myself what if I just?

What if I prayed not only for my friends and family but for the families who have lost loved ones in that tragic bombing attack in London.  It has deeply saddened us all.

What if I do not do a lot today but

what if I water all my plants

what if I pull ten weeds

what if I talk to my neighbor and listen to his gardening advice

what if I phone a friend who is very down and just listen

what if I breath in the freshness of the morning

what if I feel the warmth of the sun

what if I believe that love can conquer evil and violence and hatred
and it is only through forgiveness

what if we try to understand why

what if I am just  thankful for the good and caring people who always are there when tragedy strikes.

"No one has ever seen God but what if we love one another and His love lives in us."  1
-John 4:12

Maybe the hungry would be fed and the homeless would find shelter and justice would roll down like a river, a river of compassion and love if we could learn to love one another.

What if no one comments?

4 comments:

larry bennett said...

What if I love you!

Sandra said...

Well, between the two of you sounds like you have it all under control.

Picked up the new kitten. He is younger than mine, but much more aggressive and active. Got my bunch all riled up and running around.

I had to sit with the momma cat and kittens to make sure that she did not hurt the new little guy. She was growling off and on. I was so tired by the time I went to bed I did not hear Randy come home.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

What were you thinking?

Hope things settle down soon.

Love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

Nice to see Dad is still romantic!

Love,

Rick